Oscar’s goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. Our Concierge Department – teams of Care Guides, nurses, and other healthcare professionals – is a key part of this mission. Each Oscar member is assigned to one such team, which has a complete picture of their health and can provide them with personalized attention. Through our Concierge services, Oscar members receive direct services, care management, and complex case management.
As the Operational Compliance Associate embedded in Oscar’s Concierge Department, your role will be to ensure that Oscar’s Care Teams are governed by updated and regularly reviewed policies and procedures, that they are monitoring their work for compliance with governing laws and regulations, and that their work is audited for adherence to these standards. In so doing, you will be their compliance resource, helping them to design and implement new business processes as rules change and as Oscar grows. You will get to know their work intimately, but retain the objectivity and discipline required of a Compliance professional.
Based in Oscar’s Tempe office (the Oscar Health Hub), the Operational Compliance Associate will report to the Senior Manager, Operational Compliance with responsibility for Oscar’s member-facing functions.
In your first six weeks, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with the structure, operations, and risk assessment and mitigation activities of Oscar’s Concierge Department
- Learn the laws and regulations that govern Concierge activities in all states and lines of business
By the end of month 3, you will:
- Work with your manager and peers to implement company-wide standards for policy and procedure development and design; reporting on operational monitoring; and operational audits
- Work with Concierge leadership to ensure that all required policies and procedures are under development or review, as appropriate
- Identify key Concierge metrics in the commercial and Medicare markets for reporting to the Corporate Compliance Committee
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Work with Concierge leadership to automate the processes by which business areas are monitored for compliance with governing laws and regulations
- Develop a Concierge-specific work plan for audit readiness (including CMS Program Audits and commercial Market Conduct Examinations)
- Collaborate with the Compliance Department’s Privacy Analyst to ensure that all Concierge team members have access to appropriate resources for privacy-related (including HIPAA) compliance
- Chart a path forward to personal growth as a Compliance professional in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for someone with a deep knowledge of the commercial and MA markets who will promote a culture of compliance, ethics, and audit-readiness across all of Oscar’s operations.
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Bachelor's Degree required or in lieu of degree, 4+ years of relevant experience
- 3+ years’ experience in healthcare, customer service, or call center setting, of which 1-2 years spent in a role involving project or process management
Preferred qualifications include:
- CHC, CCEC, or similar
- Specific experience in health insurance (ideally in a customer service or call center setting)
- Experience with HIPAA, data privacy, or data security processes
- Experience with Medicare Advantage
We think you will be successful if...
- You are a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items
- You have acute attention to detail and always strive for perfection when writing formal documents
- You get things done, even if it’s crunch time
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and working cross-functionally with all business areas within the organization
- You are personable, self-starting and organized
- You have a passion for healthcare and a knack for making processes more systematic
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Program Manager
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Vroom, New York City, NY
Common Networks, Santa Clara, CA
DataCamp, Leuven, Belgium
Content Designer, Mobile & Web
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Blink Health, New York City