Regulatory Affairs Associate [Medicare Advantage]
A better kind of health insurance company
The Regulatory Affairs team is responsible for managing day to day contact with all our regulators, securing approval of Oscar’s plan portfolio via annual filings, monitoring compliance with ongoing reporting obligations, and ensuring member-facing communications meet the expectations set by our regulators.
As a Regulatory Affairs Associate for Medicare Advantage, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining systems, processes, and procedures that support Oscar’s full regulatory compliance as we grow into Medicare Advantage. You will work alongside other Oscar teams including Legal, Network, Finance and Marketing, teams to support Medicare Advantage expansion.
In this role, you will support the Regulatory Affairs Senior Manager in doing the following at Oscar:
- Review, provide clearance to, and coordinate company-wide monitoring of all Medicare Advantage member-facing marketing and other materials on products, services, and offerings.
- Develop an in-depth understanding and robust documentation on CMS guidelines and reporting requirements, deadlines, for Medicare Advantage operations.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure Oscar complies with regulatory reporting requirements for Medicare products as defined by CMS, EOHHS, and other applicable State and Federal laws.
- Project manage, track, and submit (as applicable) Medicare Advantage regulatory reporting in CMS Enterprise Systems.
- Maintain CMS Enterprise Systems access for Medicare Advantage, including procuring access for new staff and coordinating the deactivation of accounts.
- Support the development and distribution of Medicare Advantage beneficiary materials, including EOC, welcome kits, and other notices. These notices are sent to each policyholder on an annual basis and are a key milestone for every member.
Who are you?
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 1 to 3 years’ work experience in Medicare Advantage, regulatory affairs, health insurance or relevant business industry required or equivalent professional education, ideally with 2+ years of independently managing projects from ideation to execution.
- Experience related to Medicare and/or Medicaid programs preferred.
- Ability to operate cross-functionally and chase down answers. You get things done, even if it’s crunch time.
- Project management. You have experience managing complicated projects, keeping track of details, and staging work to deliver projects on time. You pay attention to details.
- A proven leader with a track record of people management and supporting strong teams.
- You have a passion for healthcare and a knack for making things more systematic.
Above all else:
- You are friendly, thoughtful, and kind.
- You demonstrate humility, maturity, and a lack of ego.
- You always develop a point of view but keep an open mind.
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Enterprise Account Executive - Paris
Airbnb, Seattle, WA
Sales Associate (FT and PT) - King of Prussia, PA
UNTUCKit, King of Prussia, PA
Technical Product Manager - New Startup, PEAK6 Entity
Manager - Application Integrations
Slack, San Francisco
Group Manager: Global PlayStation Store Design
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA