The Regulatory Affairs team is responsible for managing day to day contact with all our regulators, securing approval of Oscar’s plan portfolio via annual filings, monitoring compliance with ongoing reporting obligations, and ensuring member-facing communications meet the expectations set by our regulators.
As a Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs, based in Oscar’s Culver City, CA office, you will be responsible for building out systems, processes, and procedures to track, monitor compliance, and, in some instances, submit Oscar’s ongoing reporting obligations to regulatory bodies, associations, and exchanges for commercial and Medicare Advantage insurance operations. You will be a primary contact point for our regulators at insurance departments and state-based exchanges, and help secure regulatory approval for Oscar’s plan portfolios to be offered on and off health insurance marketplaces. You will work closely alongside other Oscar teams including Clinical, Finance, Risk, Legal, Network, Sales, and Marketing to ensure Oscar’s full regulatory compliance.
In this role, you will support the Senior Manager, Regulatory Affairs and lead a team operating remotely from Oscar’s New York headquarters in doing the following:
- Track, monitor, and ensure the timely and accurate submission of Oscar’s ongoing regulatory obligations.
- Build out systems and processes for internal tracking and monitoring reporting across business units.
- Develop and maintain a repository of internal procedural guides on reporting obligations to support business units and retain institutional knowledge.
- Oversee account relationships with regulatory bodies in Oscar’s West and Central regions, including state insurance regulators (e.g., DMHC in California, Arizona Department of Insurance, Texas Department of Insurance), and state-based exchanges (e.g., Covered California).
- Prepare, file, and secure approval and certification of Oscar’s insurance products through the annual QHP filings (form, binder, rate, network) with state regulators, state exchanges, and CMS.
- Project manage the development of member forms, including Certificates of Coverage, Summaries of Benefits and Coverage, and Schedules of Benefits. These notices are sent to each policyholder on an annual basis and are a key milestone for every member.
- Compile and maintain filing deadlines for form, binder, rate, and network annual QHP submissions by state and LOB.
- Manage, train, provide feedback and assign duties for direct reports to support their professional growth and ensure productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness in their roles.
- Work proactively and independently under remote management, cultivating solid relationships with regulators and colleagues.
Who are you?
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of relevant healthcare insurance, regulatory affairs, or project management experience, ideally with 3-4+ years of independently managing projects from ideation to execution.
- Ability to operate cross-functionally and chase down answers. You get things done, even if it’s crunch time.
- Project management. You have experience managing complicated projects, keeping track of details, and staging work to deliver projects on time. You pay attention to details.
- A proven leader with a track record of people management and supporting strong teams.
- You have a passion for healthcare and a knack for making things more systematic.
Above all else:
- You are friendly, thoughtful, and kind.
- You demonstrate humility, maturity, and a lack of ego.
- You always develop a point of view but keep an open mind.
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Manager, Growth & Referrals