Bilingual Spanish Customer Service Representative
A better kind of health insurance company
What is the Position?
As a Bilingual Spanish Care Guide / Customer Service Representative you will be the face of Oscar to our Spanish speaking members. You’ll help members navigate the complexity of the healthcare system, answering questions and resolving issues in collaboration with teams across the company.
On a daily basis you’ll:
- Collaborate with your team of Care Guides, a Concierge Nurse and a dedicated bridge team
- Communicate with geo-specific members via inbound/outbound phone or secure messaging
- Assist in the coordination of care across a variety of settings (outpatient, ER, home care) while maintaining strict confidentiality and the highest level of professionalism
- Answer questions and resolve issues related to topics such as claims and billing
- Listen to member’s comments, concerns, and suggestions, relaying that information internally, while ensuring member satisfaction
Who are you?
- You are passionate about changing the healthcare experience for our members
- You are energized by helping people and seeing the positive impact of your efforts
- You enjoy identifying the underlying need, finding a solution and are comfortable educating members
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of people
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity
- You are open-minded, flexible, positive, comfortable with ambiguity, and most importantly, compassionate.
- You are self-aware and are comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- You are resourceful and enjoy solving complicated problems
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills including exceptional listening skills
- You have intermediate or advanced computer literacy skills
Must have qualifications:
- 3 years of Customer Service Experience or Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to read, write and speak in both Spanish and English fluently
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you also have:
- Prior healthcare or service experience is a plus but not required
Why should you join us?
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Awesome, brand new office space in the heart of Tempe, just east of ASU
- Fun, start-up environment -- casual dress, events, etc.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Part-Time Data Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Melbourne
Part-Time Instructor Lead
General Assembly, New York
Director, HRBP - Cybersecurity
Visa, Foster City CA, US
People Operations Generalist
Rocket Lawyer, Ogden, UT
Your Dream Job
Gwynnie Bee, Anywhere
Director of Human Resources
Freshly, Savage, MD