(Associate) Director, Network Partnerships
Oscar, New York
A better kind of health insurance company
What is the position?
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our team uses a data-driven approach to build the network of providers, facilities and hospitals that are core to Oscar’s product, and help navigate our members through it.
The Vendor Partnerships team is responsible for managing Oscar’s operations and relationships with its key network vendors - third party organizations to which Oscar delegates network and other administrative functions. As a Director, you will be responsible for scaling Oscar’s network vendor operations and driving performance and innovation across a portfolio of network vendors. Your key responsibilities will include overseeing vendor operations and strategy, managing high-level relationships with partners and leading a team of Vendor Managers.
Some examples of initiatives you’ll take on include:
- Own the operational performance of all network vendor accounts and be held accountable for the health of your business
- Improve processes between your partners and relevant internal stakeholders and develop robust feedback loops
- Serve as the chief subject matter expert on vendor portfolio and a key stakeholder in the vendor partner selection and expansion process
- Strengthen relationships with vendor partner leadership and lead high level contract negotiations
- Manage and develop a team of All Star Vendor Managers
- Work collaboratively with other leaders to further develop and scale Oscar’s Network Partnerships operations
Must-have qualifications include:
- 8+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry in a client-facing or operational leadership role
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to drive results across a wide range of initiatives and stakeholders
- Strong operational experience and demonstrated ability owning and scaling a business unit to gain efficiencies
- Outstanding critical thinking and ability to present information in a structured manner for senior leaders
- Demonstrated ability to build external relationships and hold partners accountable
- Strong sense of urgency, a bias for action and ability to thrive in fast paced environments
- Ability to work well with cross functional teams as Oscar’s vendors touch virtually every part of the business
The following will be helpful, but are not essential…
- Ability to manage complex projects across the organization
- Experience developing, motivating, and growing a team
- Experience managing rental networks or care delivery vendors
- Experience with formulating “build or buy” decisions, managing an RFP process and negotiating contracts
- An understanding of the payer regulatory environment
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Technical Engagement Manager
Komodo Health, New York
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Postmates, Vancouver, San Francisco
Scientist, Oncology R&D, CAR-T
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Cerebri AI, Austin, TX
Senior Behavioral Scientist
BetterUp, Anywhere in the U.S.
Manager, Marketing Analytics
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA