Corporate Compliance Analyst - Medicare Advantage
A better kind of health insurance company
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
Oscar is currently operating in 9 states and will continue to grow. Everywhere we work, we must comply with state and federal requirements. Working at our Tempe, Arizona office and reporting to the Senior Manager of Compliance, the Corporate Compliance Analyst will support the activities of Oscar’s Compliance Program by ensuring that our operations continue to meet applicable standards across all markets. Specifically, the Corporate Compliance Analyst will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Compliance Program related to tracking completion of trainings, policy and procedure development and approval, corrective action plan develop and management, and audit readiness. The position is open to those with limited Compliance experience but who nonetheless are highly organized and motivated, with a keen interest in healthcare and and eye for detail.
In your first six weeks, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with Oscar’s methods for tracking the completion of mandatory Compliance training
- Understand Oscar’s current workflow and database for policy and procedure management
- Learn to support the Senior Manager of Compliance in guiding Oscar through federal and state audits
By the end of month 3, you will:
- Develop a work plan to update existing training modules and to create new content
- Provide support with creating a policy and procedure working group and revised approval process
- Assess Oscar’s current corrective action plan workflow and work with the Senior Manager of Compliance and others to develop a more effective process
- Assist with making formal presentations on various aspects of Corporate Compliance to both internal and external stakeholders
- Assist in constituting, and then manage, Oscar’s staff-level Compliance Committee
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Suggest and implement new ways to deliver Compliance trainings and resource materials
- Strengthen Oscar’s corrective action plan workflow and ongoing monitoring
- Be responsible for project managing responses to regulatory audits and exams
- Chart a path forward to personal growth as a Compliance professional in a dynamic, fast-paced organization
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for someone with a passion for compliance who will promote a culture of compliance and ethics across all of Oscar’s operations.
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- College degree
- Thorough knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Preferred qualifications include:
- 1-2 years’ work experience, ideally in a healthcare setting or other regulated industry
- Working knowledge of Jira, Confluence, and Workday
- Experience developing training modules or other employee-facing Compliance materials
- Familiarity with project management
We think you will be successful if…
- You are persistent and are not easily discouraged
- You are interested in presenting information to a variety of audiences
- You enjoy writing, teaching, and generally communicating with others to solve problems
- You are comfortable speaking in front of groups
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and working cross-functionally with all business areas within the organization
- You are personable, self-starting, and organized
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opportunity Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Development, Africa Region - Paris or in Region
Zipline, Internationally deployed
Group Nine Media
Group Nine Media, New York, NY
Software Quality Engineer
Markforged, Watertown, MA
Brand Partnership Manager
Director of Architecture
Senior Customer Success Manager
Bluecore, New York City