We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
What is the position?
This position will help Oscar navigate our growth initiatives and drive our strategy in existing and new geographies and business lines. By working with finance team colleagues and teams across the organization including actuarial, data, expansion, legal, marketing, network, operations, product and sales, the role will drive key initiatives including:
- Long-term business and capital planning to help make strategic decisions around future growth initiatives and opportunities
- Development and execution of our investment strategy and capital structure solutions including equity, debt, and reinsurance
- Comprehensive quantitative and qualitative assessment of growth initiatives, including new markets, business lines, revenue models, partnerships, distribution channels, and efficiently scaling our operations
- Identify, research, and analyze competitive landscape including potential acquisitions and partnership opportunities
Who are you?
We are looking for someone with a deep interest in learning more about healthcare and insurance. This person must be analytical and flexible to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. This is an exciting role for someone who wants to have an impact on the company’s thought leadership and to drive major business decisions around capital financing, competitive and market positioning, expansion, profitability and the company’s overall strategic direction. Oscar is growing and so will you.
What leads to success?
- A deep intellectual curiosity - a strategic thinker who always has an opinion
- Proactive, entrepreneurial self-starter capable of driving results without significant supervision
- Ability to form data-driven, concrete answers in a world with imperfect information
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and focus on the details, whether it’s building complex models in Excel, digging through competitor filings or analyzing datasets (SQL experience is a plus)
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills
Other desired qualifications:
- BA/BS degree
- 2-4 years in an analytical role(s), preferably private equity, public investing, strategy consulting, investment banking, equity research or corporate development
- Healthcare experience and market knowledge is a plus but not required. An interest in healthcare and innovation within the space is a must
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Intercompany and Consolidation Accountant
Velodyne, San Jose, California
Security Architect - Products/.Net
Icertis, Pune Area, India
Clover, Sunnyvale, CA
Financial Operations Analyst
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
Real Estate Agent (San Diego, CA)
Movoto, San Diego, CA