Hi, we’re Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the Role:
The Quality Improvement (QI) program seeks to continuously improve the member care and services provided by Oscar and our network partners. In this role, you will manage the quality of care and quality of services elements of our QI Program. You will be responsible for understanding and helping to operationalize and document our regulatory and NCQA requirements focusing on member experience, population health and quality of care.
Here at Oscar we move quickly and are perpetually introducing new ideas. We need you not only to be able to think analytically and strategically, but, just as important, to execute on those ideas.
During your first six weeks, you should have:
- Developed an in-depth understanding of the regulatory and NCQA requirements for our products.
- Developed an in-depth understanding QI Program, structure and oversight.
- Begun to independently respond to escalated issues from concierge services, population health, quality of care and marketing.
- Begun to develop working relationships with key internal stakeholders concierge services, population health, quality of care and marketing.
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Manage QI program documentation strategies and procedures related to annual reports, quality committee reporting and minutes, and other elements of oversight.
- Coordinate and facilitate quality subcommittees.
- Ensure assigned areas meet NCQA standards on an ongoing basis and participate in survey submission and interviews.
- Manage the operations of the quality of care program working closely with clinical staff.
- Assist with other QI Program elements related to policies, procedures and trainings.
- Work with teams across the organization to deliver on continuous quality improvement, from identifying pain points to developing and implementing solutions.
Winning factors: What leads to success
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of relevant work experience. Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent full time work experience (6+ years)
- You are passionate about healthcare delivery, patient safety and member experience.
- You are comfortable with quality improvement methodologies, research, and data analysis.
- You have experience creating documentation for NCQA, regulatory or internal oversight in the healthcare space.
- You believe in operational excellence and effectiveness and can drive improvements with internal processes based on opportunities you identify.
- You are a collaborator and can create a project plan and drive cross-functional teams to execute against considering competing priorities and viewpoints.
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have:
- A clinical background and/or license or masters degree in a related field
- A professional certification in a related ares
- Familiarity with academic and industry debates on how to measure healthcare quality and patient experience.
- Knowledge around industry best practices and optimizing corrective/preventive actions
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Social Media Campaign Manager
Linqia, San Francisco Headquarters
Registered Nurse (RN)
Forward, New York
Optometrist (Sublease), Columbus Market
Warby Parker, Columbus, OH
Enjoy, Menlo Park, CA
Global AML & Sanctions Strategy Head
Robinhood, Lake Mary, FL
Market Access Rare Diseases Internship, Germany (6 month)
Bluebird Bio, Munich