We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team and work directly with our VP of Finance & Accounting. You will own the financial planning and analysis work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand and value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
What is the position?
In the first six weeks you will:
- Be up to speed on the financial processes and Oscar team dynamics/culture.
- Have met with department owners to understand cross functional finance support needs.
- Play a supporting role in the monthly close to ensure accurate financials are delivered to our stakeholders
- Begin and execute the preparation of the administrative budget, expense forecasts, headcount reporting and supporting analyses while all ensuring their quality, timeliness, and accuracy.
By month three you will:
- Lead efforts to interface with each department to provide expense trends and analyze key drivers of costs.
- Drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems as needed (Essbase, Workforce Planning, Periscope, etc.).
- Prepare monthly budget versus actual fluctuation analyses for both management and board.
- Support the strategic planning process and be a key player in its development.
On an ongoing basis you will:
- Support the business groups in managing their spending budgets, including monthly budget vs. actual analysis, headcount reporting, monthly and quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, and special projects
- Create and maintain reports to measure and track results against expectations.
- Support key decisions through ad-hoc analyses (e.g. departmental P&Ls, magnitude and timing of infrastructure investment).
Who are you?
You’re very self-motivated and no job is too big.
Must have qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years of FP&A experience. Preference for FMP
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Well-organized, data driven, and comfortable managing multiple projects.
- Proficiency in Excel and Powerpoint
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have…
- Hands-on attitude
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter capable of driving business results without significant supervision in a rapidly growing organization
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex models in Excel and implementation of planning applications
- Ability to keep track of all the details while managing a complicated process
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to innovate improvements to current processes
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.