Associate - Vendor Compliance [Medicare Advantage]
A better kind of health insurance company
By 2020, not only will Oscar offer commercial products beyond our nine current states, but we will also begin to offer Medicare Advantage (“MA”) products. As we expand into new geographies and lines of business, Oscar will be increasing the number and breadth of our relationships with the entities to which we have delegated certain business functions. By extension, the supervision that we must exercise over these delegated operations becomes more complex – and we have to build a team to support this work.
To that end, Oscar has begun to build a Delegation Oversight team within our Compliance Department. Having just hired our first Associate Director of Delegation Oversight, we are now seeking an Associate to support this role in systematizing the identification of delegates subject to oversight; in coordinating and drafting the reports of pre- and post-delegation audits; in convening the Delegation Oversight Subcommittee of the Corporate Compliance Committee; and in ensuring that Oscar can prove to our regulators that our oversight processes are robust and responsive.
The Vendor Management Associate will be based in Tempe, and will report to the New York-based Associate Director for Delegation Oversight. The position is open to those with limited Compliance experience but who nonetheless are highly organized and motivated, with a keen interest in healthcare and and eye for detail.
In your first six weeks, you will:
- Familiarize yourself with Oscar’s methods for identifying and auditing delegated entities
- Identify and develop a working relationship with the Oscar account manager assigned to each delegate, and with each delegate’s liaison to Oscar
- Understand how Corrective Action Plans (“CAPs”) apply to delegates, and work with the Corporate Compliance team to move delegate CAPs toward closure
- Attend your first Delegation Oversight Subcommittee meeting
By the end of month 3, you will:
- Be comfortable coordinating all Oscar stakeholders and subject-matter experts to conduct a pre- or post-delegation audit
- Draft your first delegation audit report
- Collaborate with Oscar’s Network team, which previously held responsibility for delegation oversight, and with the Associate Director, Delegation Oversight, to transition all applicable responsibilities to the Compliance function
- Map out all activities through end of year required to meet Oscar’s delegate audit plan
- Minute and report out on the activities of the Delegation Oversight Subcommittee, including progress in closing delegate CAPs
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Coordinate all pre- and post-delegation audits, keeping several moving toward closure at a given moment
- Serve as a company-wide resource regarding the status of delegate oversight activities, including CAPs
- Collaborate with subject-matter experts to improve Oscar’s delegate audit tools, processes, and methodology
- Work with subject-matter experts to prepare for audits of Oscar’s delegated functions by our state and federal regulators
- Propose improvements to the coordination and documentation of Delegation Oversight Subcommittee activities
Winning factors: What leads to success
We are looking for someone with a passion for compliance who will promote a culture of compliance and ethics across all of Oscar’s operations.
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- College degree
- 3+ years’ experience in a project management, consultancy, or healthcare (or other regulated industry) work environment
- Thorough knowledge of Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
Preferred qualifications include:
- Experience in healthcare compliance
- Experience with Medicare Advantage compliance
- Experience developing audit tools and conducting audits
- Familiarity with project management
We think you will be successful if…
- You are persistent and are not easily discouraged
- You are interested in presenting information to a variety of audiences
- You enjoy writing, teaching, and generally communicating with others to solve problems
- You are comfortable speaking in front of groups
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and working cross-functionally with all business areas within the organization
- You are personable, self-starting, and organized
Pay Transparency statement: Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Equal Opp Employer statement: At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Disability/Accommodation: Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Upside, Washington, DC
Dynamics AX Project Manager
Hitachi Solutions, Chicago IL, US
Lead Stylist-Supervisor, Cleveland
Bonobos, Cleveland, OH
HashiCorp, Washington D.C.
Lead Engineer Backend
Narvar, Bengaluru, India
Assistant Manager, Client Relations
Kobalt Music Group, Nashville