Network Strategy Associate - [Medicare Advantage]
Oscar, New York
A better kind of health insurance company
What is the Position?
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our team uses a data-driven approach to build the network of providers, facilities and hospitals that are core to Oscar’s product, and help navigate our members through it.
As the Network Strategy Associate, you will work closely with members of Oscar’s strategic partnerships, business, finance, legal, and network construction teams to develop our Medicare Advantage (MA) network strategy and identify new market opportunities for Oscar. You’ll be responsible for supporting our end-to-end process for assessing new market opportunities and will apply a data-driven approach to our MA expansion decisions. Some examples of the projects you’ll work on include:
- Understanding the provider and payer competitive landscape across expansion markets.
- Analyzing market trends (market size, demographic changes, regulatory shifts, etc.) and developing an opinion on how they will impact Oscar’s success in new markets.
- Developing analytical frameworks and tools for identifying attractive provider partners.
- Continually building upon our model for prioritizing expansion opportunities.
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualities include:
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking and the ability to build models to answer your own questions.
- An ability to form data-driven, concrete answers in a world with imperfect information.
- Expert in excel. Python and SQL are a plus, willingness to learn are a must.
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to get into the weeds.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills to drive results across a wide range of stakeholders, from data scientists to sales executives to external consultants.
The following will be helpful, but are not essential…
- 3+years of experience in management consulting, strategy, private equity or investment banking.
- Healthcare experience and an understanding of provider/payer markets is a plus, with Medicare Advantage experience of particular value
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Analyst, Revenue
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles or New York
Director of Data Science
Senior Manager, Insights
Medallia, San Francisco, CA
Data Operations Analyst
StepStone, La Jolla
Director, Revenue Strategy
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Financial Analyst/Data Analyst
Amenity Analytics, New York, NY