We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
The People team is the linchpin of Oscar’s values and culture--we bring, we build, we maintain, we strengthen. You will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and will accelerate the effectiveness of our super-talented team by owning and/or supporting the following areas: compensation, employee relations, policy design and implementation, compliance with federal and state requirements, People analytics and ad hoc special projects and initiatives.
About the Role:
We are hiring an Employee Relations Manager to support our west coast operations on our People Team. Oscar moves quickly. This team is expected to help meet the needs of our perpetually growing and changing business. We need you not only to be able to think analytically and strategically, but, just as important, to execute.. In this role you will serve as the main point for all things HR.
- Assist in the onboarding and offboarding processes -- background checks, i-9s, new hire connects, exit interviews.
- Serve as the HR connection through the employment lifecycle -- stay interviews, employee triage.
- Maintain compliance with federal and state employment law regulations
- Manage employee relation issues and collaborate with additional teams when needed-- EEOC, investigations, formal HR complaints.
- Create, evolve, maintain company policies and handbook
- Builds and fosters relationships with leaders at all levels while maintaining objectivity
- Add flair/creativity to the way we do HR. Always looking for ways to be more efficient, effective, and innovative!
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of employee relations experience
- You are excited by the challenges of working at a constantly evolving, high-growth
- You have excellent verbal and written communications with the ability to break down complicated topics into simple terms
- You are an eager collaborator that likes to problem solve and tackle issues systematically and head on
- Strong familiarity with government compliance regulations
- Working knowledge of HR best practices and protocols
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and work well under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Familiarity and interest in analytics and metrics
- Experience at a rapidly scaling organization
- A “no job too big or small” ownership attitude
- HR certifications (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP)
- Experience with Workday
- Supported tech companies or a call center environment
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.