At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. This means that we get to be creative and to build an excellent insurance operation from the ground up.
As an Operations Analyst at Oscar, you will take ownership of aspects of our insurance operations processes and identify areas for potential improvement. You will drive the development of process improvements and facilitate cross-functional support where needed. In addition, you will play a large role in troubleshooting issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause and scale of the problem throughout our insurance operation.
In this role, you will be working closely with internal oscar teams ranging from network, sales, clinical, legal, and technical teams. You may also be interacting closely with regulatory authorities as well as Oscar’s external vendors.
Note that this position has the potential for tremendous growth and leadership opportunities as the organization scales and expands into new markets. We are looking for people who are excited to grow with us.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
During your first six weeks:
- Built a deep understanding of our operational policies and workflows.
- Developed some initial insights into opportunities for workflow improvements.
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools, data, and technical processes (e.g. database querying and dashboard creation).
- Begun to form a strong working relationship across the Oscar team.
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of our performance metrics
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis:
- Surface data, process, and technology issues through proactive identification, measurement, and monitoring of our operations.
- Identify error trends, rectify, and determine how to prevent these errors moving forward.
- Improve existing workflows and work with and find automation opportunities.
- Support your team and leadership by driving decisions and implementation on an ongoing basis.
- Identify areas for policy clarification and stay up to date on operational policies.
- Assist in creating documentation of workflows, SOPs and policies.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders as a representative of insurance operations.
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of professional experience
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical capabilities
- High attention to detail
- Have a process improvement bend and the aptitude to quickly learn Oscar’s ecosystem
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Ability to explain complex processes and ideas using simple and friendly language
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- Experience in an operational rotational program
- Previous experience in a highly collaborative, team-based environment
- Experience in SQL or similar database languages
- Enjoy leveraging technology in creative/novel ways to solve problems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated process improvement qualifications/certifications
Life at Oscar
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.