What is the Position?
In this role, you will work within Oscar’s Insurance Operations department to expand and improve upon Oscar’s claims payment integrity program. You will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable processes to build on Oscar’s operational foundation. You will work closely alongside Oscar’s Data, Legal, Network, Clinical, and Tech teams to ensure scalability as we grow into new markets and products (including Medicare Advantage). Finally, you will be the owner of cross-functional initiatives that will expand our payment integrity suite and impact the organization’s bottom line.
We’ll expect you to understand complexity, distill it, and explain it in simple, structured terms.
Deliverables: What you will achieve
During the first 6 weeks you will:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the insurance operations and payment integrity ecosystems, including current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps.
- Begin building solid partnerships with key internal stakeholders, as well as external vendors.
On an ongoing basis you will:
- Perceive problems on the team and the department - you are leading and shaping the direction for initiatives.
- Be a trusted partner and key subject matter expert for other Oscar teams.
- Implement strategies for scaling process automations to sustain future growth.
- Oversee vendor operations and strategy, including RFP processes, performance, and relationship management.
- Develop subject matter expertise on all payment integrity policies and standard operating procedures.
- Drive the culture at Oscar, through your daily actions and participation. You initiate activity that promotes the Oscar culture and include others in it.
What leads to success in this role?
Must-have qualities include:
- A bachelor’s degree
- The ability to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g., SQL/Excel)
- Outstanding structured, systematic, and critical thinking
- A passion for distilling complex concepts and workflows into clear, concise content
- A desire to eliminate waste while driving operational excellence
- Deep analytical skills
- The ability to partner with others to take big ideas all the way through execution
- 3-4 years work experience in health care, management consulting, tech, or related field
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have...
- Knowledge and passion of healthcare and/or health insurance
- Experience automating or scaling manual operational processes
- Insatiable curiosity of subject matter and a desire to seek the truth
- A willingness to master the detail but also zoom out to understand the big picture
- A passion for experimenting and iterating on ways to solve a problem
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Business Analyst - London
Senior Risk Consultant - Internal Audit
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland
Billing & Pricing Analyst
Twilio, Dublin, Ireland
Manager, Real Estate Transactions
Knotel, Knotel Madrid
Entry-Level Associate [Fall 2019]
Bench, Vancouver HQ
Payoneer, New York, New York