Hi, we’re Oscar.
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
About the Role:
The Quality Improvement (QI) program seeks to continuously improve the member care and services provided by Oscar and our network partners. In this role, you will manage the quality of care and quality of services elements of our QI Program. As a Quality Improvement Analyst, you will take ownership of aspects of our quality improvement operations by working closely with internal Oscar teams ranging from network to population health to claims. You will drive the QA process and maintenance of existing and new dashboards which support the reporting structure of the QI Program.
Here at Oscar we move quickly and are perpetually introducing new ideas. We need you not only to be able to think analytically and strategically, but, just as important, to execute on those ideas.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
During your first six weeks:
- Developed an in-depth understanding QI Program, structure and oversight
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools, data, and technical processes (e.g. database querying and dashboard creation)
- Begun to form a strong working relationship with key internal stakeholders across the Oscar team
- Developed a comprehensive understanding of our quality improvement metrics
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis:
- Prepare data for quarterly subcommittees and annual evaluations
- Develop new dashboards and improve existing dashboards
- Ensure ongoing QA process and overall maintenance of data
- Suggest and develop metrics to give key insights into the business
- Implement new ways to effectively display data based on the audience
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders as a representative of the quality team
Winning factors: What leads to success
We’re looking for someone with 1-3 years of technical experience using analytical tools. Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent full time work experience (2+ years)
- You are passionate about healthcare delivery, patient safety and member experience
- You are comfortable with quality improvement methodologies, research, and data analysis.
- Strong Google Sheets and Excel skills
- Thorough knowledge of SQL language
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g. Periscope, Tablebau, etc.)
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you:
- Have had experience and knowledge around Medicare Advantage
- Are a collaborator and can follow a project plan while driving cross-functional teams to execute against considering competing priorities and viewpoints.
- Have familiarity with academic and industry debates on how to measure healthcare quality and patient experience.
- Have knowledge around industry best practices and optimizing data collection as well as data visualization.
- Broad familiarity with core healthcare payer data including claims, membership, provider, clinical, marketing, and other payer data domains.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment and working cross-functionally with all business areas within the organization
- Are personable, self-starting, and organized
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
Clover Health, New Jersey
Dahmakan, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Complex Case Management Nurse
Oscar, Nashville, TN
Customer Success Manager (West)
Medallia, Remote, California
Senior Flight Test Instrumentation Engineer
Optician, Studio City
Warby Parker, Los Angeles, CA