Hi, we’re Oscar.
Health care is hard. At Oscar, we’re here to make it easier. Our team includes people from a broad range of backgrounds who have joined Oscar to make a frustrating system more accessible, transparent, and human. Consumer Insights is a powerful tool in achieving these goals, ensuring that we’re reaching the right people, with the right message, at the right time.
As a Strategic Planner you’ll be part of Oscar’s Consumer Insights group, driving the company’s understanding of our priority audiences, ensuring that this knowledge pervades everything we do, and quantifying the effectiveness of our marketing efforts over-time.
Core responsibilities include:
- Market research: Keep a pulse on the value proposition and distribution strategy of our competitors and above all else, the needs and wants of our target audiences via a mix of qualitative, quantitative, and secondary research.
- Communications Planning and Creative Strategy: Serve as a conduit between the Marketing and Creative teams, translating marketing requests into actionable and effective briefs for Oscar's creative teams (i.e., Designers, Copywriters, etc.) and creative partners (branding and media agencies).
- Marketing Evaluation: Partner with members across Data, Finance, and Media teams to better measure the impact of our Marketing investments.
Strategic planning experience, including:
- Briefing creative teams (e.g., Creative Directors, Copywriters, and Designers) regarding audience insights, competitive landscape, messaging direction, etc.
- Providing strategic support and guidance on the development and execution of multi-channel Marketing campaigns and tactics
Research and evaluation experience, including:
- Conducting quantitative research methods such as survey design and deployment
- Conducting qualitative research methods such as 1:1 interviews and focus group moderation
- Translating research and data findings into actionable deliverables like creative briefs, audience prioritizations, profiles, and user journeys
- Measuring marketing effectiveness as a discipline as well as the ROI of specific campaigns, tactics, etc.
Facilitation experience, including:
- Expertise in planning, facilitating, and synthesizing idea generation and campaign development sessions/workshops with members of cross-functional teams
- Fluency with the principles of Design Thinking
- Someone who can easily solve problems on the fly, adapt to new situations, and communicate effectively with those around you.
- Unapologetically curious - i.e., people would describe you as asking lots of smart questions (and often the questions others can’t/won’t ask).
- Someone who can command a room; persuasive in presenting audience research to internal, senior stakeholders.
- A translator - i.e., people would describe you as an active listener and effective synthesizer of complex information/ideas.
- Not a lone wolf. You genuinely enjoy bringing others along in the process of the work. The words “that’s not my job” aren’t part of your vocabulary.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry, particularly health insurance and healthcare providers.
- Client facing experience. You have worked at an agency or in consulting, understanding what it means to balance the needs of individual stakeholders with broader business needs.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
VP, Creative Services & Digital Experience
Emma Inc., Nashville, TN
Paid Search Marketing Manager
Instacart, San Francisco, CA
Senior Digital Marketing Copywriter
Another Company, CDMX, Mexico
Experienced Full-Stack Engineer
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Yotpo, Tel Aviv-Yafo