Providing clinical support for a dedicated group of members with a wide range of health issues, our nurses partner with Care Guides, who are non-clinical experts at Oscar’s plans, benefits and member tools. Your team will advocate for its members in a significant and meaningful way to help them better navigate the healthcare system- from hospital discharge coordination to longer-term care management support. You will leverage your clinical judgment, empathy, and problem-solving skills to ensure the best outcome for each member.
On a daily basis our Concierge Nurse Case Managers:
- Work with non-clinical teammates in assisting your members navigate the healthcare system
- Communicate with your members via phone or secure messaging using your clinical expertise in an unscripted way to provide education on health conditions, new medications, and procedures
- Coach your non-clinical teammates on how they can help you add more clinical value to all our member interactions
- Assist in the coordination of care across a variety of settings (outpatient, ER, home care) while maintaining strict confidentiality and the highest level of professionalism
- Actively reach out to members undergoing difficult health challenges, develop care plans with them, and help guide them through the healthcare system to improve the overall experience
- Excited about helping others, and Oscar, improve
- Passionate about changing the healthcare experience for our members and improving their health
- Respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity while maintaining a flexible attitude
- Have intermediate or advanced computer literacy skills
- Enjoy working in a diverse, collaborative environment
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Active, unrestricted RN license and are able to obtain additional state licenses as needed.
- 3+ years experience caring for patients in a hands-on, acute care setting OR 3+ years combined experience in hospitals/outpatient clinics/insurance companies
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Work Monday through Friday- no nights, weekends or holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual, fun work environment
- Fully stocked Oscar kitchens
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Notarize, Fairfax, VA
Solution Architect (SF)
Blend, San Francisco
Office Coordinator - Chicago
Obama Foundation, Chicago, IL
Lab & Facilities Operations Tech (TEMP)
Indigo, Boston, MA
Optometrist (Sublease), Columbus Market
Warby Parker, Columbus, OH
Family Medicine Physician
Heal, Washington, DC