At Oscar, our care team is the face of the company to our members. They help our members navigate the complexity of the healthcare system, answering questions and resolving issues in collaboration with teams across the company. As a concierge analytics associate, you'll work alongside data scientists, clinical professionals, and care guides to surface metrics and extract insights.
- Discover, understand, and organize disparate data sources and structure them into clean data models
- Build analytical tools to better monitor the efficiency and performance of our case management team and associated processes
- Analyze usage signals to quantify and better address member needs and pain points
- Empower our operations teams with the insights and tools they need to best serve our members and scale the business efficiently
- Outstanding structured and critical thinking
- A passion for understanding complex issues with a data driven approach
- A technical bent and the ability to use or to learn to use tools to answer your own questions (e.g. Excel/SQL/Python)
- Be someone who gets things done
- Enjoy experimenting and iterating on different ways to solve a problem
- Translate open-ended questions into concrete implementation approach
- Collaborative and outcome-oriented
- Distill and communicate complex analytics results to technical and non-technical audiences
- Translate analysis into clear recommendations that drive business outcomes
- Above all, be thoughtful and humble
The following will be helpful, but are not essential…
- 2+ years of analyst experience
- A proven track record in either performing data driven analytical work or project managing complex initiatives.
- Knowledge of health care, health economics, health policy, or health insurance.
- Above all, be thoughtful and humble.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.