Region Lead (West), Network Partnerships
A better kind of health insurance company
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
The Network Partnerships team is responsible for managing and growing a set of relationships across our network of health system and provider partners. The team strives to construct and continuously improve Oscar’s system, facility, and provider agreements to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, and financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the (West) region for Network Partnerships. You and your team will manage a set of markets and provider partner relationships (health systems, provider groups, etc) with the goal of ensuring your region is operating effectively and efficiently from both a business and member experience standpoint. You will also serve as the subject matter expert on the region and collaborate with internal stakeholders (including leadership) to understand Oscar’s business goals strategically influence the evolution of our partnership strategies.
- Be one of Oscar’s key points of contact for developing relationships with the senior leadership of our health system and key network partners
- Lead your team to design, implement and improve Oscar’s overall partnerships, while driving financial deal terms, rate structures, and key KPIs
- Identify and execute on growth opportunities within your portfolio of network partners
- Serve as the chief subject matter expert on your region, your markets, your partners, and be a key internal source of knowledge on relevant region and policy developments.
- Build, manage, and constantly improve upon the workflows and systems that enable the Network Partnerships team to meet its goals and objectives
- Train and manage an exceptional team of market leads and account managers
- Form strong working relationships with key internal stakeholders across the company to understand the impact of our partner relationships and contractual terms on their work streams and inform our network strategies
The ideal candidate will have strong healthcare industry experience, with a deep understanding of healthcare operations and market economics, and a background in a client-facing, leadership role. Other key components for success include:
- 10+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry, in a client-facing, leadership role
- Strong leadership and other interpersonal skills needed to build relationships and communicate clearly at the executive level
- Direct experience with and a deep understanding of healthcare operations and market economics
- You are fluent in key operational, financial and strategic goals and challenges of health systems and providers
- Proven track record to manage complex projects across the organization as well as to develop, motivate, and grow a team (including junior resources)
- A strong analytical background and the ability to quickly digest and evaluate complex financial structures and operational workflows, with a keen eye for detail
- Thrives in an environment where you are actively engaging and strategically conversing with executives, leaders, and subject matter experts in a variety of business, functional and technology areas
- An MHA, MBA, MPH, or other professional degree
- Experience with growth-stage enterprises and scaling departments and processes
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.