We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people and their well-being, not cost, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This uniquely positions us as compared to other health insurance companies - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, healthcare and service companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
As Regulatory Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal team responsible for providing guidance on the application of and compliance with applicable regulation to Oscar’s businesses. We currently operate in the individual market in New York, New Jersey, California and Texas (both on- and off-exchange). We anticipate further geographic expansion and new product offerings. You should be comfortable in an ever changing environment as we continue to grow!
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
- Prepare, advise and/or manage regulatory filings, licensing and reporting requirements
- Provide thought leadership on regulatory and industry developments, including the proactive identification and assessment of regulatory risks and the ongoing monitoring, tracking of relevant regulatory proposals
- Design strategic and/or operational initiatives to satisfy regulatory concerns and/or comply with regulatory requirements
- Partner and Interact with regulators and government agencies
- Manage regulatory matters, including information requests, audits and/or investigations
- Provide legal advice and counsel to ensure compliance with regulations throughout the contract review process (from structuring of the relationship through execution and implementation)
- Partner with Compliance to develop processes and policies to effect regulatory compliance and mitigate regulatory risks
- Handle other corporate and/or contractual matters as needed
- J.D. from an ABA accredited law school and experience from a law firm and/or in-house experience
- Experience and developed understanding of applicable federal and state laws in your area of expertise
- Highly organized, detail oriented, collaborative team player, who thrives in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage competing demands, shifting priorities and interests of multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership with strong work ethic and follow-through skills
Bonus points if you:
- Have experience with HIPAA
- Expertise and specific experience with health insurance/managed care law and healthcare contract drafting and negotiation
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
(JR0006090) FPA - Analyst
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India
Senior Analyst, Corporate Finance Planning & Analysis
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Sales Finance Associate
Pinterest, San Francisco
Pinterest, San Francisco
Business Analyst - Finance Applications
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Production Payroll Accountant
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles