Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Group Product Design Manager to join our Design team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As a Group Product Design Manager, you will lead a growing team in creating products that are simple, opinionated, and well-crafted. You’ll help designers focus on the user, develop their skills to solve for complex problems, and ensure we’re solving the right problems with the best solutions.
On a typical day, you’ll give feedback in design critiques, coach your team through design and UX decisions, make strategic decisions with your peers in Product and Engineering, and evaluate applicants to join our team.
You will lead a team of designers covering one of the following product areas:
- Digital Member Experience
- Onboarding Coverage Management
You will report to the Director of Product Design.
- Coach product designers on your team.
- Manage system-wide design projects.
- Collaborate with your team to shape/communicate a compelling long-term design strategy for your area.
- Partner with product, engineering, and research to ensure projects are well-defined and completed.
- Guide products towards solutions that are well crafted and simple for our users.
- Work with design leadership to provide a cohesive user experience across all products.
- Grow the design team by attracting, vetting, and onboarding new talent.
- You have 5+ years of experience as a product designer, with experience contributing to larger-scale design projects.
- You have 1+ years of management experience, and looking to grow more in this area
- You have experience working with engineers and product managers to improve strategy, vision, and execution
- You use a user-centered approach to designing software for people
- You have a transparent, candid and constructive approach to feedback with a keen ability to spot/discuss development areas early
- You are comfortable juggling multiple responsibilities at the same time
- You have a portfolio of relevant design work, performed either by yourself or a team that you led, that conveys an ability to ship products that people love with measurable success metrics
- You hold your team to a high standard and can determine ways to help your area be most successful
Life at Oscar
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.