Software Engineer, Applications & User Interfaces
Oscar, Los Angeles, CA
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Software Engineer for Application and User Interfaces to join our Engineering team in our Los Angeles office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
As an Applications and User Interfaces Engineer, you’ll work across our entire stack, building amazing experiences for our members, the medical experts that provide their care, and the teams at Oscar that make it all possible. We’re looking for engineers that are excited to deeply understand their users’ needs and can balance moving fast with continual attention to the operability, performance, and scalability of the systems they develop.
Applications and User Interfaces Engineers work closely with designers and product managers to architect creative, extensible, and maintainable applications across our web and mobile clients using a wide range of technologies. We’re passionate about using the right tool for the job and our current favorites are React (Native), Redux, Python, Go, Kafka, Postgres, and gRPC.
What we’re actually doing:
Our teams works on a wide range of products including:
- A messaging experience that allows members to connect with their doctors and Oscar the same way they connect with their friends and family.
- A suite of power tools that gives our concierge teams the administrative super powers necessary to enable best in class member services.
- Visualization tools that allows doctors to quickly understand a member’s health history based on their past medical encounters and claims.
- A search engine that effectively and efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A React enabled design system and component gallery that enables quick development and consistent styles across all of Oscar’s web properties.
You at Oscar:
- You've been programming professionally for 3+ years
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building beautiful interfaces that are a joy to use.
- You like working closely with product managers and designers.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great. All backgrounds welcome.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Ad Tech Engineer - Ads Squad