Location: Tempe, AZ
What is a Concierge Team?
Providing clinical support for a dedicated group of members with a wide range of health issues, our nurses partner with Care Guides, who are non-clinical experts at Oscar’s plans, benefits and member tools. Your team will advocate for its members in a significant and meaningful way to help them better navigate the healthcare system- from hospital discharge coordination to longer-term care management support. You will leverage your clinical judgment, empathy, and problem-solving skills to ensure the best outcome for each member.
On a daily basis our Concierge Nurse Case Managers:
- Work with non-clinical teammates in assisting your members navigate the healthcare system
- Communicate with your members via phone or secure messaging using your clinical expertise in an unscripted way to provide education on health conditions, new medications, and procedures
- Coach your non-clinical teammates on how they can help you add more clinical value to all our member interactions
- Assist in the coordination of care across a variety of settings (outpatient, ER, home care) while maintaining strict confidentiality and the highest level of professionalism
- Actively reach out to members undergoing difficult health challenges, develop care plans with them, and help guide them through the healthcare system to improve the overall experience
- Excited about helping others, and Oscar, improve
- Passionate about changing the healthcare experience for our members and improving their health
- Respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity while maintaining a flexible attitude
- Have intermediate or advanced computer literacy skills
- Enjoy working in a diverse, collaborative environment
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Associates degree in Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Active, unrestricted RN license and are able to obtain additional state licenses as needed. (Oscar members are currently in New York, New Jersey, Texas and California)
- 2+ years experience caring for patients in a hands-on, acute care setting OR 2+ years combined experience in hospitals/outpatient clinics/insurance companies
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Work Monday through Friday- no nights, weekends or holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Casual, fun work environment
- Fully stocked Oscar kitchens
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.