Location: Tempe, AZ
What is Oscar?
Oscar is smart, simple health insurance. Oscar is designed to be the entrypoint to the healthcare system for our members. Using easy-to-understand language and a unique set of benefits, we are working to change the way our members think about and interact with health insurance. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human.
What is Oscar Concierge?
Oscar Concierge allows us to deliver a more personal experience to educate and empower our members. Each Concierge team consists of 3 Care Guides and 1 Nurse Concierge, who together support a panel of Oscar members. The team reaches out to members, healthy or sick, and builds relationships over time, identifying their needs and guiding them to the lower costs and healthier outcomes. To learn more about Concierge Teams, click here.
What is the Position?
As a Nurse Lead, your role will be to lead a team of up to 10 nurses. You will be responsible for coaching your team, increasing your team’s ability to surface member needs, and managing all day-to-day operations.
You will be responsible for finding ways we can both help members improve their health and improve the cost-effective ways they can address their needs. You will ensure Oscar’s members receive exceptional service and their voice is well represented in all we do as an organization. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment.
- Review the quality of nurse support of our members
- Provide clinical guidance and support
- Design systematic solutions to improve clinical support for our membership
- Bringing creative solutions that allow for nurses to thrive in a tech company
- Administrative responsibilities including scheduling, licensing, and meeting operational KPIs
In your first month, you will:
- Experience being a Nurse Concierge hands-on, learning the details of the job
- Develop full grasp of existing operations including our mission, vision for member experience, company culture and operational needs
- Establish reporting relationship with your nurses, including coordinating nurse schedules
- Form a point of view on what is working and what has room for improvement
In your first 6-months, you will:
- Work with our Medical Director to develop processes and workflows for the Nurse Concierge
- Ensure first rate member experience and team-centric operations
- Spot patterns in how our members need care, find solutions, and affect change
On an ongoing basis, you will:
- Set a strong, positive leadership tone and create a great team-based work environment
- Develop the success of your team through coaching, providing clinical escalation support, process improvement and vision-setting
- Deliver on KPIs involving both member experience, satisfaction, and health outcomes, as well as employee experience and satisfaction
- Ultimately, ensure our members receive the best experience possible
- Active, unrestricted RN license in New York, Texas, New Jersey and/or California and are willing to obtain additional state licenses as needed
- 5+ years caring for patients in inpatient/outpatient or care management settings
- 2+ years of experience leading and supporting a team
- You think on your feet and thrive in a fast-paced service environment with many moving pieces.
- You are a systematic, analytical and strategic thinker -- If there is a problem you jump in, and tackle it with data
- You believe that a team is stronger than the sum of its individual contributors, and understand how team dynamics are core to enhancing our member experience
- Bonus if you have experience with case management programs
- You are great at self-learning and have a strong service mentality
- Monday to Friday schedule, 40 hour workweek.
- Competitive Pay
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous vacation policy
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Manager, HR Systems & Operations
Eventbrite, San Francisco, California
HR Business Partner
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
Director of Human Resources
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Senior Technical Recruiter
Weedmaps, Los Angeles, CA, United States
Senior Technical Recruiter
Weedmaps, Irvine, CA, United States
BuzzFeed, Los Angeles