Healthcare is big and complicated. At Oscar we also believe the current insurer, physician, and patient model is broken and we have the unique privilege and responsibility to rebuild it. The Oscar Concierge Team is a key piece of that vision, allowing us to deliver a more personal experience to educate and empower our members.
Concierge teams consist of clinicians and non-clinicians aligned together in building relationships with our members, identifying their needs, and guiding them to more efficient healthcare and ultimately healthier outcomes. Learn more about Oscar Concierge here.
In this position you will lead the clinical concierge organization in shaping and delivering the clinical vision for the Oscar Concierge Team. Reporting to Oscar’s Chief Clinical Officer, and working in partnership with Oscar’s VP of Member Services, you’ll lead the clinical function of the Concierge vision. This is a unique opportunity for a forward-thinking clinician to play a crucial role directing a innovative part of our organization.
Winning factors: what leads to success
Formal and meaningful clinical training
- Real clinical experience and excellent clinical instincts. You may not always know the answer, but know how to find it and then exercise sound clinical judgment when making a decision.
- Formal clinical education and eligibility to practice in the United States.
A progressive mindset and a passion for pushing against the status quo
- Thrive working in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of clinicians and non-clinicians.
- An excitement and interest in exploring how clinical services can be delivered virtually.
- A strong belief that empowering the patient is a crucial part of improving healthcare.
- A creative and conceptual thinker, equally adept at building, communicating and operationalizing a vision
Natural leadership skills
- Leading from the front comes naturally, never hesitating to ‘getting your hands dirty’ and working deeply alongside front-line staff when needed.
- Serving as an escalation point for clinical leadership . You make sure that concerns are addressed and resources are allocated effectively.
- Motivating others, building a culture, and inspiring a vision at scale are second nature to you. Ideally you’ve done it before, but if not, have always been looking for the opportunity to do so.
- Earning, not demanding, respect comes naturally. You inspire confidence without losing credibility.
Someone that gets stuff done
- Entrepreneurial environments are exciting. Adapting to change is empowering and an opportunity, not a reason, for distress.
- Comfort with a bi-coastal lifestyle with regular weekly travel between New York and Arizona. You can be based in either location.
We are looking for someone who has:
- An advanced clinical degree in primary care or an associated specialty
- Managed teams of clinicians, while continuing to be an individual contributor
- Experience within a population health oriented organization (health plan, care management organization, health system, etc…)
- Assisted or supported the delivery of high quality primary care
- Worked within a multidisciplinary healthcare environment (you have worked with a variety of clinicians, including: nurses, nurse practitioners, social workers, etc…)
- Experience in a fast-growing, ever-changing environment
- Familiarity with health insurance operations, including utilization review and care management
- An interest in gaining startup experience
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Recruiter, Data & Analytics
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Recruiting Researcher - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Yelp, Phoenix, AZ
Tesla, Palo Alto, CA or Fremont, CA
Human Resources Generalist
Red Ventures, South Charlotte