Senior Director of Clinical Services
Oscar, Phoenix Area, AZ
A better kind of health insurance company
Healthcare is big and complicated. At Oscar we also believe the current insurer, physician, and patient model is broken and we have the unique privilege and responsibility to rebuild it. The Oscar Concierge is a key piece of that vision, allowing us to deliver a more personal experience to educate and empower our members. Concierge teams consist of clinicians and non-clinicians aligned together in building relationships with our members, identifying their needs, and guiding them to more efficient healthcare and ultimately healthier outcomes. Learn more about Oscar Concierge here.
As a clinical leader you will lead the organization in shaping and delivering a cultural and clinical vision for Oscar Concierge. Reporting to Oscar’s Vice President of Clinical Operations, and working in partnership with Oscar’s VP of Member Services, you’ll lead the clinical function of the Concierge vision. This is a unique opportunity for a forward-thinking physician to play a leading role in shaping a crucial and innovative part of our organization.
Winning factors: what leads to success
Formal and meaningful clinical training
- Real clinical experience and excellent clinical instincts. You may not always know the answer, but know how to find it and then exercise sound clinical judgment when making a decision.
- Formal clinical education and eligibility to practice in the United States.
A progressive mindset and a passion for pushing against the status quo
- Thrive working in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of clinicians and non-clinicians.
- An excitement and interest in exploring how clinical services can be delivered virtually.
- A strong belief that empowering the patient is a crucial part of improving healthcare.
- A creative and conceptual thinker, equally adept at building, communicating and operationalizing a vision
Natural leadership skills - motivating an army
- Leading from the front comes naturally, never hesitating to ‘getting your hands dirty’ and working deeply alongside front-line staff when needed.
- Motivating others, building a culture, and inspiring a vision at scale are second nature to you. Ideally you’ve done it before, but if not, have always been looking for the opportunity to do so.
- Earning, not demanding, respect comes naturally. You inspire confidence without losing credibility.
Someone that gets stuff done
- A penchant to build, not maintain. Long days, hard work and tough decisions are what drive you.
- Entrepreneurial environments are exciting. Adapting to change is empowering and an opportunity, not a reason for distress.
- Comfort with a bi-coastal lifestyle with regular weekly travel between New York and Arizona
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Sourcer (Contract to Hire)
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Executive Assistant to the EVP of Broadcaster Success
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Palantir Technologies, Sydney, Australia
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
People Business Partner
Grindr, HQ - West Hollywood