Manager, Business Continuity Planning
Oscar, New York, New York, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Manager, Business Continuity Planning to join our Security team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The mission of the Security team is to protect the data our customers have entrusted to us, and make it possible for Oscar management to make informed, risk-calibrated decisions.
As the Manager, Business Continuity Planning (BCP), you will establish Oscar’s strategies to ensure tight recovery processes and technology that reduces the impact of a business disruption to either information systems or facilities.
You will report into the Chief Security Officer.
- Build a BCP program, including the related strategy, standards, and technology, that aligns to industry standards.
- Implement long-term and daily operations of Oscar’s BCP program.
- Ensure governance and compliance of business continuity, such as completing risk assessments to identify gaps, and codifying related policies, standards, and procedures.
- Manage responses to business disruption events, serving as the main point person for leadership.
- Partner with Technology teams and other business leaders to ensure resiliency and recovery for essential processes; with the Head of Detect & Response to manage incident response; with department leaders to coordinate impact analyses and business continuity plans.
- Audit and improve continuity plans, build and deploy testing programs to assess resiliency of processes and technology.
- Experience with impact analysis, continuity planning, and testing industry practices
- Working knowledge of best practices for business continuity, recovery, and resiliency
- Working knowledge of industry standards and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001)
- Experience communicating risks to executive leadership.
- Experience partnering with different types of roles, including technologists, building management, law enforcement, business management
- Experience deconstructing workflows to understand inputs, outputs, and impacts
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one