Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human. In Engineering, we do that by building reliable and maintainable applications, infrastructure, and interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, and (yes!) ourselves.
As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll be joining a tight knit, passionate team of builders. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency === everyday).
Healthcare is broken, come help us fix it! We need people who can assemble the fragmented pieces and reduce the complexity. Come help us solve hard problems and build a health insurance company from scratch.
What you’ll do:
Have a passion for data? Oscar relies heavily on accurate and robust data to be effective every day for its members. In this role you’ll be hands on, work collaboratively with stakeholders and learn from experienced engineers with the shared goal to instill confidence in the data that runs our business.
- Ensure latest provider and facility data gets through the pipeline quickly and accurately.
- Partner with Oscar’s business lines and operations teams to help the organization understand and make better use of our data.
- Proactively identify opportunities to make our pipelines run more smoothly.
- Serve as an owner of QA efforts for major pipeline changes - implementing tools to diff before/after results, automating test runs, coming up with test scenarios and edge cases.
- Define and implement dashboards, validation rules, and metrics.
- Analytical. You know how to take a confusing data problem, break it down into manageable chunks for investigation, then systematically drill into components one by one until you find the root cause.
- Experienced with relational databases. Excellent SQL skills are a requirement! In addition, you’re comfortable with (or would be excited to learn) at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.)
- Meticulous and responsive. You create rock solid processes to ensure little things can’t fall through the cracks.
- Interested in taking ownership of Data QA tools, processes, & best practices.
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Frontend Engineer - Twitch Crates
Twitch, Seattle, WA
Pinterest, San Francisco
Sr. Software Engineer, Android
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
MyFitnessPal, San Francisco, CA
Associate Engineer, Advanced Production Technology
HelloFresh, New York, NY | Newark, NJ | Dallas, TX
(JR0006185) Sr. Software Engineer COBOL SDE-II
Time Inc., Bengaluru, India