Manager, Pricing and Portfolio Strategy
Oscar, New York, New York, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
We are changing how health insurance works by creating a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions us uniquely in the space - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
What is the position
In this role, you will join the Pricing & Portfolio Strategy - which works closely with senior leadership to develop and execute pricing decisions for all Oscar products through a unique combination of data analytics and business intuition
- Craft recommendations using a data-driven approach combined with business intuition for c-suite executives to make pricing decisions that impact the organization’s bottom line
- Source, organize, and analyze data to support all strategic initiatives in the team
- Create models and tools that produce actionable business insights to drive company-wide strategic decisions, including understanding profitability tradeoffs, market trends, and key drivers
Who are you
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you take the initiative to identify gaps and tackle problems that might be outside of your day-to-day responsibilities
- Analytical and strategic mindset: you have an interest and willingness to learn more about broader business strategic tradeoffs and decisions
- Collaborative attitude: you are able to work effectively with other teams across the organization using your leadership ability, communication skills, and organizational awareness
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Mathematics, Statistics and Finance
- 3+ years in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment; strategic experience is a plus
- Self-starter who can lead both strategic and technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to navigate ambiguity to drive to outcomes, work with large datasets and distill analyses into actionable business insights
- Excellent executive communication skills - both verbal and written
- Strong proficiency with Excel, SQL, R, and/or Python to manipulate and analyze data
- Prior experience in Healthcare and/or Insurance industry a plus
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.