Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Email Marketing Associate to join our team in New York.
Healthcare is broken, and we’re trying to fix it. Our goal at Oscar is to make health insurance easier to navigate, more transparent and more human. We need your help to do so.
Since our launch in 2014 Oscar has raised over $1Bn and has grown to 1,400 employees across the country across 29 markets in the USA, generating over $2Bn in annual revenues across 3 lines of business (the ACA, B2B and Medicare Advantage). Our NPS score is 3x the industry average, and our member engagement, as measured by App downloads, time spent with concierge, telemedicine usage etc is 5x.
In short, our members love us, and it shows in our results.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Oscar is looking for an ambitious Email Marketing Associate to help support our member-facing and lead nurture email communication efforts.
As a member of the CRM Marketing team, this role will play an integral part in converting leads to future members, serving our members’ needs through engaging, personalized email communications throughout their lifecycle with Oscar, and ultimately laying the groundwork for member retention. In partnership with Marketing and Sales stakeholders, this role will work cross-functionally to stand up and optimize lead nurture and member-facing email campaigns across lines of business (LoBs) as the subject matter expert on email best practices and deliverability. You will report to the Senior Manager of CRM.
- Owning end-to-end production of email campaigns across Individual and Family Plan (IFP), Medicare Advantage (MA), and Oscar for Business (O4B), including building HTML emails through pre-built templates, QA, scheduling one-off emails or building user journeys, and post-campaign analysis.
- Segmenting target subscriber lists to meet the needs of each email campaign, with support from Growth, Member Engagement, Marketing Ops (SMOps), Sales, and/or CRM Manager as needed.
- Acting as marketing point-person for the technical limitations and capabilities across each LoB within Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Strategizing A/B testing opportunities to boost expected outcomes, and socializing and scaling learnings to future campaigns. Partner with Data to generate holdout groups when needed.
- Maintaining our positive sender reputation by collaborating with the CRM Marketing team.
Who are you?
- You are an executor, able to take ownership of projects and run independently. We are growing rapidly and have a bias for action.
- You are a team player, excited about being part of a small team with big ambitions, and ready to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
- You are clever. We like to hire very smart people. Because Fixing Healthcare is complicated.
- 2-3 years of experience executing, strategizing, and launching email campaigns (preferably using Salesforce Marketing Cloud).
- Experience working with CRM/Marketing automation tools (preferably Salesforce)
- Experience and expertise in email and deliverability best practices.
- SQL experience.
- An innovative mentality, creative, strategic thinker and with an interest in health and technology.
- Superior communication (oral and written, including editing) and interpersonal skills
- High level of independence, energy and integrity, including demonstrated respect for a diversity of opinions and styles.
- Scrappy, resourceful, and a quick study. Things move fast at Oscar. You’re confident in your ability to pick up complex concepts and systems quickly, to learn on the job, and to figure things out even when there aren’t explicit instructions.
- Strong organization and project management skills. We manage complex projects with many stakeholders. You have a demonstrated ability to keep track of many moving pieces, without letting the ball drop. You frequently communicate a project’s status and action items to stakeholders.
- A knack for operations, and an eye for efficiency. You look at any process—whether it’s a corporate billing process, or the way a restaurant busses tables—and can’t help thinking about how it could be streamlined or improved.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
317 Active Jobs
High-energy group fitness in your living room