Associate Director, Practice Transformation
Oscar, New York, New York, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
About the role:
You will be working with the Oscar Medical Group and Oscar Health Care Delivery team in providing direct care services to our members and patients. The medical services we currently provide include (1) primary care with integrated behavioral health at the Oscar Center, our clinic in Brooklyn (2) urgent care, primary care, population health interventions via telemedicine (3) complex case management. You will play a critical role in the management of these current offerings and the expansion of our practice into new medical services.
Your primary responsibility will be the development and management of the Practice Management team for the Oscar Medical Group. Core operations in this vertical include Workforce Management, Licensing, Credentialing, Training.
You will report to the President of the Oscar Medical Group and have an indirect reporting line into the Oscar Health Chief Operating Officer of Care Delivery.
- Day to day operations of the practice
- Practice Transformation & Strategy
- Staffing ratios/models
- Reporting to leaders across Oscar Health and Oscar Medical Group the collective health of the practice across productivity and quality.
- Collaborating on QI and service line expansion opportunities.
- People management of direct reports across the core functions listed above.
- Provide support to the Revenue Cycle Manager to maintain the overall financial health of the practice
- Practice Management experience 7+ years ideally with multi-speciality or multi-center practices
- Familiarity with Practice financials
- Command of Practice Management analytics and metrics with experience on clinical quality metrics
- Experience building, managing, and leading diverse teams
- Practice Transformation experience:
- Integrating administrative, financial, and clinical systems for better performance and improved outcomes
- Familiarity with Health Information Technology and Population Health tooling
- Driving adoption and change with clinicians with focus on top of the license care
- Experience with SQL, BigQuery, Periscope or equivalent data management infrastructure
- BA or Masters in Health Care Management
- Experience in tech-forward Practices (i.e. practices that have incorporated telemedicine)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
File hosting service