Director, Internal Audit
Oscar, New York, New York, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Director of Internal Audit to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the Role:
The Internal Audit Lead will be responsible for the establishment and management of financial compliance function including internal audit which will focus on the implementation and compliance with the Model Audit Rule (MAR).
You will own the definition, implementation, and future road map of our control process environment by working in depth with each department, understanding their methods for innovative service, and translating that into a clear, scalable, and dynamic control environment. You will also be adaptable to unforeseen events and demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills, quickly responding to inquiries as well as a strong attention to detail.
In the first three months you will:
- Assess the internal tools available to drive testing for MAR and partner with our co-sourcing partner
- Work with the operational team on the initial compilation of testing and validation process flow charts and narratives for key processes.
- Evaluate other regulations and models to begin to formalize the financial compliance structure including, ERM, ORSA, etc
On an ongoing basis after implementation (6-9 months) you will:
- Assess and update the internal controls environment with Operational Leads to ensure that control structure is in place in a way that works with the business owners and not against them.
- Manage and conduct internal audits to provide assurance regarding the proper functioning of financial and operational internal controls.
- Determine the scope, objectives and procedures for assigned internal audits, based upon the annual audit plan.
- Review, execute, and update internal audit procedures so that they are effectively focused on areas assessed as high risk to the organization and evolve with changes in our technology and processes.
- Report to the Audit Committee and Board of Managers the results of internal audits performed and ensure that all agreed upon recommendations are subsequently implemented.
- Work with the external auditors to aim at convergence with a controls based audit and reduced audit fees.
- MAR responsibilities
- Supervise and conduct the testing of key controls.
- Communicate testing results to management, and agree corrective actions where appropriate.
- 8+ years experience in internal audit or a related field. Public accounting experience or prior MAR experience required.
- Have lead and personally executed a complex SOX, MAR, or large internal control implementation project.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with experience interacting with and presenting to Management-level personnel.
- Knowledge of internal auditing practices, procedures, and principles sufficient to interpret and analyze complex concepts and apply them in innovative ways.
- An understanding of financial, operational, and information technology controls.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Impact everything around you.
Jobs You May Like
Enjoy, Azalea Park, FL