Associate, Market P+L Operations
Oscar, New York, New York, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Associate to join our Market P+L team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
The Market P&L team oversees and maximizes risk-adjusted profitability across Oscar’s network of hospital systems and national health provider partners. As Oscar continues to expand, the Market P&L Operations Coordinator ensures the team is set up for success.
As the Market P&L Operations Associate, you will design, oversee, and optimize core team operations, manage internal communications and meetings, and serve as the team’s primary ambassador for cross-functional initiatives and executive reporting. Reporting to the VP of Market P&L, this role will give you a crash course in payer-provider operations and healthcare economics as well as exposure to developing and managing processes in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment.
For your key responsibilities, you will:
- Coordinate and keep track of multiple team-wide operational work streams, such as recruiting, OKR planning, performance reviews, and metrics reporting.
- Arrange and coordinate operations and logistics (e.g., meetings, travel, presentation documents) for Head of Market P&L and the five P&L Region Leads.
- Manage cross-functional initiatives, decisions, and meetings. Through this you will be trained to operate at an increasing scale, helping to understand and shape the group’s goals.
- Engage with Oscar stakeholders and leaders to ensure the flow of strategic priorities and critical information about contracts, partners and markets to and from the team is structured and consistent.
- Ensure our team’s methods, workflows, tools, and other core infrastructure are operationally tight and continuously improving.
- Help establish a culture that enhances our people and drives ruthless execution and excellence.
While no prior industry experience is required, the ideal candidate will have a strong record of organized and reliable work, and driving tight operational processes in a highly cross-functional, fast-paced role.
Key components for success include:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years of work experience in healthcare, business, law, finance, tech, or consulting environment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking with keen attention to detail (i.e. the ability to dive into the weeds of healthcare operations and communicate updates clearly to Oscar’s leaders).
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, and project management skills. Including the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize projects based on urgency and importance, and organize large, diverse groups of internal stakeholders at all levels (including senior leaders).
- Experience managing and supporting executive-level meeting agendas and cross-functional projects.
- Experience with healthcare, insurance, or business development would be a plus.
Systems knowledge of the following:
- Productivity Suites (e.g., Office 360, G-Suites)
- Calendering tools (e.g., Outlook, Google Calendar)
- Travel and Expense tools (e.g., Concur, Fyle, Certify)
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.