Delegate Oversight Associate
Oscar, Tempe, Arizona, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Delegate Oversight Associate to join our Compliance team in our Tempe, Arizona office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
As an associate on the Delegate Oversight team, you will be responsible for ensuring that our Delegates are compliant with all federal and state regulatory requirements. Your work will have a direct impact on the success of delegate compliance, and for Oscar as a whole.
You will report to the Associate Director of Delegate Oversight.
- Draft and update delegate audit workbooks.
- Lead the Oversight of our Part D delegate.
- Conduct annual and pre-delegation audits of our delegates against federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Draft and issue delegate audit reports.
- Work with delegate account managers to remediate any findings identified during audits.
- Coordinate delegate information needed for external regulator audits (e.g., CMS program audits, state regulator audits, etc).
- Continuously monitor the delegate performance to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal standards.
- Communicate with the legal department to understand regulatory requirements.
- You have 3-4 years of work experience in healthcare compliance, Medicare requirements, auditing or delegate oversight, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- You are collaborative and able to balance and prioritize cross-functional requirements; you’re a strong team player and open to giving/receiving constructive feedback.
- You are a critical thinker and can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items.
- You have acute attention to detail and always strive for perfection when writing formal documents.
- You enjoy the problem-solving process and deriving structure and clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.