Software Engineer: Web & Mobile (Los Angeles, CA)
Oscar, Los Angeles, CA
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re a fully licensed health insurer. Our goal is to make healthcare simple, transparent, and human.
In Engineering, we do that by building reliable and maintainable applications, infrastructure, and interfaces that make interacting with the health care system easier for everyone -- members, providers, and (yes!) ourselves. As an Oscar Engineer, you’ll be joining a tight knit, passionate team of builders. We take pride in our ability to move quickly (deploys > 100/day), our small teams (engineers <= 5), and our willingness to tackle big problems (frequency === everyday).
While our technology team of over 100 works in Soho, NYC, we are looking to build out a core team in our LA location. This is a unique opportunity to have the resources and stability of an established technology company, but have the freedom and flexibility of an 8 person startup.
What we’re actually doing:
The following is a list of projects our teams are currently working on:
- A search engine that effectively and efficiently connects members to the care they need when they need it.
- A tool which helps members better understand their benefits.
- A suite of React components to align functionality and styles across all of Oscar’s web properties.
You at Oscar
- You care about what you do.
- You care about what we do.
- You are a self starter- you like being self led*
- You’re willing and able to learn quickly, whether it be a new shiny technology or an arcane, ill-conceived data structure; our company may be new, but the health industry isn’t!
- You pride yourself on building beautiful interfaces that are a joy to use.
- You like working closely with product and design teams.
- You have at least 4 years of professional experience.
Anything else is a bonus. We believe diversity is a key ingredient in building something great.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Web
Spring, Headquarters - NYC
Senior Data Engineer
Intent Media, New York City
Forward Deployed Software Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Washington, D.C.
Codecademy, New York
Software Engineer (Data)
Evernote, Redwood City, CA
Technical Principal (m/w)