Director, Market P+L - Central
Oscar, Chicago, Illinois, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Director to join our Market P+L team remotely in the Chicago area.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
This team manages a set of relationships across our network of health system and provider partners. The team strives to construct Oscar’s system, facility, and provider agreements to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, and financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
You will lead the Central region, which will include five markets in Texas, and Kansas City. You and your team will manage a set of markets and provider partner relationships (health systems, provider groups) to help ensure your region is operating from both a business and member experience standpoint. You will also serve as the expert on the region and work with your team (including leadership) to understand Oscar’s business goals and influence the evolution of our partnership strategies.
- You will be one of Oscar’s main points of contact for developing relationships with the senior leadership of our health system and network partners
- You will lead your team to implement Oscar’s overall partnerships, while driving financial deal terms, rate structures, and performance measurement's
- You will Identify and work on growth opportunities within your portfolio of network partners
- You will be the chief expert on your region, your markets, your partners, and be an essential internal source of knowledge on relevant region and policy developments
- You will manage and always improve upon the workflows and systems that allow the Network Partnerships team to meet its goals
- You will train and manage a team of market leads and account managers
- You will form working relationships with important team members across the company to understand the impact of our partner relationships and contractual terms on their work streams and inform our network strategies
- Expected Travel: 30%
- You have 10+ years of work experience in the healthcare industry in a client-facing and leadership role, with an understanding of healthcare operations and market economics
- You have experience leading and developing a team
- You are fluent in important operational, financial and strategic goals of health systems and providers
- An MHA, MBA, MPH, or other professional degree
- Experience with growth-stage enterprises and scaling departments and processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.
Jobs You May Like
First Look Media
Director, Retention Marketing
First Look Media, New York, NY