Oscar Regional Sales is a small, nimble team focused on driving Oscar’s growth in each of our markets. We want a strong, forward-thinking Sales Executive to join our California team. This role will be based out of our CA office in Los Angeles.
Representing Oscar to the California market, you will be responsible for driving membership growth in Oscar’s Individual and employer-sponsored Small Group (under 100 employees) products. You will play a key role in shaping and executing our go-to-market strategy by building relationships with brokers and evangelizing Oscar with them. As new sales channels and strategies are developed, you will help test and pilot them in the local market.
You will partner with teams across Oscar to build/improve tools and processes that make Oscar the easiest carrier for brokers to do business with in the market. You will play an important role in communicating frontline feedback and observations to the rest of the organization.
If you want a role where you can have an immediate impact on the trajectory of a rapidly growing healthcare startup in a massive and important market, then this role is for you.
What is the position?
- Pursue additional growth in the Individual market by identifying, training and supporting Oscar’s distribution partners and brokers, managing the annual Open Enrollment cycle.
- Support Oscar’s entry into the Small Group market by partnering with brokers, educating them on the product, and getting them excited to bring Oscar to their clients.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales production quota.
- Help define and build sales support processes to provide a concierge level of service for brokers.
- Partner with Marketing and Product teams to build tools and resources to influence the individual and small business decision-making process.
- Be the voice of brokers, small businesses and CA consumers within Oscar, gathering and synthesizing ground-level market intelligence to inform how we build and market our product.
Who are you?
- You are highly entrepreneurial with a combination of hustle, creativity and intellect.
- You have strong consultative selling skills and the ability to build relationships, persuade, influence decision-making and negotiate sales.
- You are passionately committed to providing great service and going above and beyond to deliver a great experience for our brokers and their clients.
- You can comprehend, analyze and explain complex products and competitive information and understand both the prospective clients and renewing groups' needs.
- You are comfortable working in a start-up environment where you are responsible for building the tools and processes you need to do your job well.
- You are eager to work in a changing and dynamic healthcare environment.
- You have a Bachelor's degree and a proven ability to drive revenue growth, with preferably 2-4 years in a sales-based role.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.