Senior Analyst, Audit
Oscar, Tempe, Arizona, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we’re Oscar. We’re hiring an Audit Senior Analyst to join our Compliance Team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Compliance Team supports Oscar in demonstrably adhering to all rules applicable to its health insurance business. Being a member of the Compliance Team requires that you balance enforcement with support. The Audit team (within the Compliance team) is responsible for validating whether designated business areas are in compliance with all federal, state, and other applicable requirements
As a Senior Analyst on the Audit team, you will be responsible for auditing a variety of business areas. Your work will have a direct impact on the success of Oscar as we grow our membership and expand into new markets, always with a sharp focus on compliance across all processes and functions.
You will report to the Audit Manager.
- Develop and maintain a depth of expertise on health insurance operations and applicable legal, regulatory, subregulatory, and contractual requirements.
- Execute on your designated components of Oscar’s internal audit plan, under the direction of an Audit Manager.
- Create audit tools from Oscar’s policies & procedures, external protocols and guidebooks, and other available resources.
- Conduct internal audit fieldwork, including interviewing staff and reviewing files, in conjunction with support staff.
- Draft internal audit reports for review and approval of an Audit Manager.
- 1-2 years of operational audit experience.
- You’re collaborative and able to balance and prioritize your work.
- You’re able to manage project plans and balance competing priorities.
- You’re collaborative, a strong team player, and open to giving/receiving constructive feedback.
- You’re a critical thinker who can distill complex concepts and regulatory requirements into easy to understand action items.
- You have acute attention to detail and always strive for perfection both when writing and analyzing formal documents.
- You enjoy the problem-solving process and deriving structure and clarity from ambiguous or open-ended inputs.
- You operate with integrity and the highest ethical standards; you are accountable and dependable.
- You’re proficient with Microsoft and Google applications.
- College degree.
- Experience working for a “Big Four” firm or health insurer.
- Experience working for a state or federal regulatory body.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one