Associate Operations Manager
Oscar, Tempe, Arizona, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an Associate Operations Manager to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
The Insurance Operations team is entrusted with several departments that all come together to enhance the experience of our Members and Providers across the states and markets in which we operate. We are scaling our operations and we are looking for leaders to help improve that effort. When you come in, you will help lead our core operational functions in supporting lean processes, engaging with partners, and applying technology to create automation, speed, and quality. You will lead a team of production-based individuals ensuring they have the necessary support, and are empowered to move the needle for our members and provider partners.
A big part of that will keep the team focused on daily deliverables, validating that they have the tools to be successful, and provide support and feedback as each individual develops in their career at Oscar. You have experience leading within a production-based environment and experience assessing and improving upon operational metrics and customer experience.
You will report into the Operations Manager of Insurance Operations.
- Develop an understanding of the Insurance Operations production processes that exist and additional processes needed to improve consistency and quality of review
- Engage and built relationships with the current members of the team
- Lead your team and give developmental feedback supporting Insurance Operations processors
- Work with multiple teams across the organization
- Achieved a understanding of the team’s performance and have begun to use that assessment as a springboard for performance and quality improvement
- Help train new hires and develop existing team members to take on new processes, roles, or responsibilities
- Help implement measurable, repeatable, scalable, and predictable processes and drive continuous improvement to allow the organization to grow.
- 5+ years of operating experience leading teams to improve quality and efficiencies
- Experience manipulating and entering accurate data in a production-driven environment
- Experienced in Excel (can perform complex functions) and a baseline understanding of SQL-based operations (or ability to pick it up quickly)
- Bachelor's degree
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Help the world share their story