Senior Manager, Insurance Operations
Oscar, Tempe, Arizona, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Senior Manager to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Insurance Operations team is entrusted with several departments that all come together to enhance the experience of our Members and Providers across the states and markets in which we operate. We are scaling our operations and we are looking for someone to help guide that effort.
When you come in, you will help lead back office operational functions in building lean processes, managing team members, and using technology to create automation, speed, and quality. You will lead a team to ensure they have the necessary support, and are empowered to move the needle for our members and provider partners.Collaboration is the key to our growth and you will work with all of the key stakeholder functions at Oscar including the Risk, Network, Clinical, Concierge, Population Health, Product, Engineering, Finance, Legal, and Compliance teams.
You will report into the Director of Insurance Operations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the operations ecosystem (incl. the underlying technology) and assess current strengths, weaknesses, and gaps
- Participate in OKR / KPI planning - Set meaningful goals, then empower the team to achieve them
- Embody Oscar’s vision of customer-orientation and Lean production
- Engage and lead the current members of the team
- Build relationships with company team members - you’ll work with different teams, including the Oscar leadership team
- Lead the team to build and implement measurable, repeatable, scalable, and predictable processes
- Drive continuous improvement to help the organization to grow
- 7+ years of operating experience, leading teams, with experience improving quality and efficiency
- Experience leading and improving operational processes.
- Experience in succession planning and managing talent - build and coach elite teams
- Experience improving workflows and building teams that scale, implementing large-scale process improvements, and using a lean / efficient management approach
- Must be proficient in Excel and understand SQL-based operations
- Experience running a large team of operators
- Experience creating interpersonal interactions (e.g. partnering, conflict management, consulting)
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.