Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring an FP&A Associate to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
In this role, you will join our tight-knit finance team and work directly with one of our FP&A Managers and VP of Finance & Accounting. You will own pieces of our financial planning and analysis work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand and value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
You will report into the FP&A Senior Manager.
- Lead efforts to interface with each department to provide expense trends and analyze key drivers of costs.
- Drive requirements and implementation for financial planning and business intelligence systems as needed (Essbase, Workforce Planning, Periscope, etc.).
- Prepare monthly budget versus actual fluctuation analyses for both management and board.
- Support the business groups in managing their spending budgets, including monthly budget vs. actual analysis, headcount reporting, monthly and quarterly expense forecast updates, annual planning, and special projects.
- Create and maintain reports to measure and track results against expectations.
- Support key decisions through ad-hoc analyses (e.g. departmental P&Ls, magnitude and timing of infrastructure investment).
- 2-4 years of finance experience. Preference for FMP, FP&A or Accounting experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Well-organized, data-driven, and comfortable managing multiple projects.
- Excel and powerpoint
- Bachelor’s degree.
- You’re very self-motivated and no job is too big. We aren’t looking for someone with FP&A background, or even insurance background - you just have to be an extremely fast learner, have hustle and work hard.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and build complex models in Excel and implementation of planning applications
- Entrepreneurial mindset and ability to innovate improvements to current processes
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos