Oscar, Tempe, Arizona, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Hi, we're Oscar. We’re hiring a Configuration Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our Tempe office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
At Oscar, we are working to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. This means that we get to be creative and to build an excellent insurance operation from the ground up. You will have the potential for tremendous growth and leadership opportunities as we scale and expand into new markets. We are looking for people who are excited to grow with us.
As a Configuration Analyst at Oscar, you will do everything necessary to help us build a solid operational foundation. You will work with internal Oscar teams ranging from member service, risk, network, clinical, claims, population health, and technical teams with leadership exposure. You may also work with regulatory authorities and Oscar’s vendors.
You will report into the Associate Operations Manager, Insurance Operations
- Build an understanding of health insurance contracts and pricing/configuration workflows
- Assess and implement new and updated contractual obligations into automated processing-logic
- Develop insights into opportunities for workflow improvements
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools and technical processes, in particular database querying and contract logic configuration
- Investigate and identify trends to assess or correct automated claim payments
- Form a working relationship with all partners
- Support your team lead or manager by guiding decisions and implementation on an ongoing basis
- Understand relevant policies, and identify and measure the impact of any changes on our internal operations
- A Bachelor’s degree (Preferable) or 1+ years of related work experience in healthcare or analytics
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience
- Experience pricing medical claims based on payer-provider contracts
- Exposure to SQL, Python, or similar database languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable and accessible for all, and apply this same vision to our perks and benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos