Manager, Network Performance - Central
Oscar, Dallas, Texas, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
At Oscar, we are working to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, and human. We need your help to do so.
The Market P+L teams manage the growth and business economics of their regions. The team grows a set of relationships across our network of health systems, providers, and other healthcare organizations. The team strives to construct and improve Oscar’s system, facility, and provider agreements, infrastructures, and relationships to ensure that our strategic vision, operational standards, partner quality goals, and financial interests are reflected in our network partnerships.
You will report to our VP, Central Markets.
As a Manager on the Central Region team, you will:
- Be the market expert for your geographies. Be audible ready on the network construction, competitive landscape, contract terms (e.g. exclusivity), regulatory mandates and how these aspects impact our overall growth, profitability, and risk in your markets
- Analyze and assess data to build programs and opportunities to improve the growth, profitability, and risk of your partners, your market, and the region (e.g end-to-end owner of big medical group / small hospital contracting, expansion, and negotiation opportunities, harvest strategies, utilization management projects, etc)
- Partner with other teams such as Strategy, Finance, Analytics, Value Capture, Care Management, Government Affairs, Product, Concierge, and other regional teams to achieve results for essential Oscar programs
- Run the face-off-strategy relationships with health system and provider partners, manage the relationship, optimizing the contract / partnership, and serve as the point of escalation for P&L responsibilities (settlements, contract negotiations / renegotiations)
- Be the point of escalation for all “Associate” responsibilities and support the territory lead / region lead in shepherding the team towards execution and results
- Expected Travel: 30%, potential for role to be based in Dallas or Chicago
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare contract negotiations or healthcare economics
- Experience improving processes and workflows
- ACA marketplace, quality of care, and population health experience
- People management experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds and perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, and we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, and volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one