Senior Product Manager (Los Angeles, CA)
Oscar, Los Angeles, CA, United States
A better kind of health insurance company
Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology and design to revolutionize healthcare. As a PM, you’ll play a key role in helping Oscar solve problems and accelerating your team’s execution.
This position will focus on our communications platform. At Oscar many different teams (member services, marketing, sales, product, and others) communicate with many different users (our members, providers, leads, etc.) through many different channels (emails, letters, faxes, secure messages, in app notifications, phone calls, and more). As our membership base and products have grown, the volume and complexity of our communications has increased significantly. Over time, we’ve built up a variety of solutions to enable, automate, track, and streamline the various points of contact we have with our users, however, we now are ready to invest in a more scalable, flexible, and consolidated system. This role will work with a team of engineers in our new LA office on this challenging and fun problem.
- Experienced. You have worked directly with engineers in product management roles for 2+ years. (We’re serious!)
- A fast learner. Healthcare is complicated; you’re excited to get into the details and become an expert in health insurance infrastructure, from how claims are processed to how payments flow through the healthcare system.
- Analytical. You know how to analyze and decompose a complex system, and how to communicate that complexity simply and cleanly. You use data to clarify decisions wherever possible (hard data skills like SQL a plus).
- An end-to-end thinker. You can look at a problem and create a solution all the way from top-level goals to nitty-gritty operational details.
- User-centric. You have a passion for user experience, and you can do everything from user research to working closely with designers to create an amazing experience.
- Empathetic. You understand other disciplines and bring everyone together using clear communication and strong structured thinking.
- Great at prioritizing. There are a million ways to make the healthcare experience better - we can’t fix all of them at once! Where will you start and why?
- Collaborative. You love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, and other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others.
- Organized. You are a natural at project managing your features and getting things done.
- Above all: you are mature, open-minded, and nice. (No jerks allowed!)
Your day-to-day will include:
- Defining the business and user goals of your features and product area(s), creating process and system specifications for our operations, and working across teams to implement them.
- Working with engineers, designers and other internal stakeholders to create specs and implement features.
- Making sure your features are on track and high quality, and helping your team adjust them as needed.
- Generating insights from data and user research to inform decisions, create learnings, and measure success.
- Coordinating and organizing work across multiple perspectives and functions within Oscar.
- Testing, monitoring and maintaining the areas you’re responsible for to ensure seamless and uninterrupted operations.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lead Growth Product Manager
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager - Product and Service Excellence
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Senior Product Manager, CMS
Refinery29, New York, NY
Originals Creative Producer
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Senior Product Designer, Growth
Change.org, Victoria, British Columbia