What is the position?
At Oscar, we are working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we would want for ourselves. This means that we get to be creative and to build an excellent insurance network operation from the ground up.
The Network team is responsible for overseeing the operations of our provider network across current markets and setting up our operations and relationships as Oscar expands into new markets. We are looking for a highly qualified person who can partner with our network health system partners to drive performance and innovation in this role. The role will combine responsibilities for managing relationships with our core partners as well as day-to-day project management and process improvement.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
During your first six weeks,
- Quickly develop an informed view of Oscar’s network architecture, core relationships, and high priority network operations functions
- Develop an understanding of Oscar’s operations and relationships with your counterparts on internal teams
- Begin to drive ongoing discussions and initiatives with key network partners
During the first four months,
- Become the go-to individual for key network partners on all things network operations including data integrations and other partnership initiatives
- Interface with network contacts on insurance operations like claims, utilization management, and network adequacy, driving discussions and looping in Oscar experts as needed
- Interface with network contacts to get buy-in for and implement technical and relationship based integration points
- Manage regular working sessions and quarterly executive meetings with network partners to drive integration projects and efficient resolution of operational issues
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis,
- Continue to build and develop Oscar’s network operations and functions
- Design robust operational processes to assure network excellence
- Identify pain points within your partner organizations and clearly articulate to internal Oscar stakeholders to drive improvements
- Oversee long-term partnership performance against targets and regularly report findings out to Oscar and external leadership
Winning factors: What leads to success
Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a client-facing role, particularly with provider network operations preferred
- Experience overseeing large projects that require strong organizational skills, document management, and collaborating with a broad array of different teams within an organization
In this role, you have to build and manage the “Network Partnerships” function in our fast-moving environment. We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you...
- are excited by the challenges of working at a constantly evolving, high-growth start-up that will require you to build the tools and processes you need to do your job well
- are highly organized, diligent about prioritizing projects, and capable of managing a complex process
- are familiar with health insurance regulation and have experience working with delegated partners
- have strong analytical skills, including high degree of comfort with Excel, Word, Google Docs, and Google Sheets
- have a strong sense of urgency, a bias for action, and thrive in fast paced environments
- are a skilled problem solver and tackle issues systematically and head on
- have excellent verbal and written communications with the ability to break down complicated topics into simple terms
- have experience interfacing with technical teams
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Head of Data and Analytics
Andela, New York City
Full-Stack QA Engineer
Braintribe, Vienna, Austria
Data Engineering Consultant Python/AWS
Melbourne IT, Melbourne
Nutrafol, New York, NY
Catapult Systems, Houston, TX