Clinical Operations Analyst
At Oscar, we’re working hard to provide the kind of health insurance we want for ourselves. As a start-up, we get to be creative and to build an excellent operation from the ground up.
We’re hiring an Analyst for our Clinical Operations team, which works to ensure our members get access to the right care – particularly our members who need the most. In this role, you will be responsible for understanding our team workflows in depth and for creating visibility our processes and where improvement is needed. You will also contribute to process improvement work, in collaboration with other teams at Oscar. Finally, you'll plug in to resolve escalated issues and ensure that we are managing our daily queues effectively.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
Here at Oscar we move quickly and are perpetually introducing new ideas. We need you not only to be able to think analytically and strategically, but, just as important, to execute on those ideas.
During your first six weeks, you should have:
- Developed an in-depth understanding of our clinical review workflows and data, which we launched in 2016
- Become well-acquainted with internal tools and technical processes, in particular dashboard creation to visualize the health of our operation
- Developed an opinion on at least 2-3 process improvements and how we might achieve them, based on your observation and backed by analysis
- Begun to independently respond to escalated issues requiring analysis
- Begun to develop working relationships with key internal stakeholders (both Ops and Tech functions)
Afterwards and on an ongoing basis, you will:
- Work with your operational colleagues and the clinicians to deliver on continuous process improvement, from identifying pain points and needs to developing and implementing solutions
- Develop / refine the operational metrics that help us stay on track as a team, both for utilization review operations and other clinical operations at Oscar
- Design and build process dashboards that enable the team to operate more effectively and have more impact
- Ensure consistency across our claims system, operational partners, and member/provider tools
Winning factors: What leads to success
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 or more years work experience. Must-have qualifications and expertise include:
- Structured/analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Excel – you'll need a basic understanding and be comfortable merging and manipulating data
- Ability to break down complex processes and communicate them and your ideas simply and clearly
- A curious mind and innate passion for making things work better
- Acute attention to detail
We think it will make a big (positive) difference if you have:
- A bachelors degree
- Experience working in a fast-moving, collaborative environment
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Client Support Specialist - New York Office
Splash, New York Office
Peloton, Mt. Vernon Warehouse
Peloton, Chicago, IL
Technical Writer - Contract
Kenzan, Providence, RI
HelloFresh, USA - Richmond, CA
1st Shift Distribution Team Member
thredUP, San Leandro, CA