In this role, you will join our Finance team and work directly with other Actuaries and Data Scientists. You will own pieces of our actuarial work that enables our innovative model to succeed as we grow. We understand and value technology, so this can become a powerful part of your tool kit.
- Provide an actuarial viewpoint for Oscar as we rapidly grow in existing and new markets
- Develop and lead the rate pricing and filing processes
- Maintain good relationships and open lines of communication with our regulatory agencies.
- Leading or playing a key role in projects and growth initiatives.
- Responsible for technical pricing standards and processes for all lines of business
- Reporting for both internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain pricing models and methodologies, perform various trend analyses, and experience monitoring
- Development of forecasts for line of business as well as other analyses associated with new product lines, new business, vendors/partners, provider contracts, etc.
- You're a Fellow in the Society of Actuaries or on track to become one
- You have 5-10 years of relevant actuarial experience in healthcare
- You have mastered foundational actuarial principles, including but not limited to pricing, valuation, modeling, and product development
- You’re have familiarity with the Affordable Care Act and related financial & regulatory reporting
- You have strong Business acumen and knowledge of the healthcare industry, products, and business cycles/trends
- You have excellent technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You have outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation, and presentation skills
- You're able to work well with a smart, passionate, and growing team
- You have a preference for working in a dynamic startup environment where every day offers new challenges
We are changing how health insurance works. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human. We need your help to do so. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side to disrupt health insurance. The result? Better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate, Production Finance - Development
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Architect - Dot Net
Icertis, Pune Area, India
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Sr Accounts Payable Specialist
Exabeam, San Mateo, CA
Copyright Assistant (German speaking)
Kobalt Music Group, London
Hortonworks, Cork, Ireland