Location: Tempe, AZ
What is Oscar?
Oscar is smart, simple health insurance. Oscar is designed to be the entrypoint to the healthcare system for our members. Using easy-to-understand language and a unique set of benefits, we are working to change the way our members think about and interact with health insurance. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent and human.
What is Oscar Care/Enrollment Services?
Care/Enrollment Representatives are the face of Oscar to our current members. As a Team Lead, you will support a team of CERs who help members navigate the complexity of the healthcare system, answer questions and resolve issues in collaboration with teams across the company. During Open Enrollment (Nov 1- Dec 15) your team will assist our future customers in making the health care decisions that are right for them and assist them with picking the perfect Oscar plan.
What is the Position?
As a CES Lead, you will
- Manage the overall success of a team of about 20 CERs, driving member and employee satisfaction
- Coach direct reports in providing the best member experience and care possible
- Support your team in their effectiveness, career development, and team morale
- During Open Enrollment (Nov 1 - Dec 15th) you will support your team as they enroll new members into an Oscar plan that is right for their needs
- Be accountable for your team's success, including team KPIs
On a daily basis you will:
- Be accountable for CER Team metrics, including member satisfaction, quality of care, and employee satisfaction
- Serve as central communicator -- leading team huddles, promoting vision and strategy, and providing feedback to members of the team and company
- Manage day-to-day needs of your CER Teams, including hiring and support after training
- Review and score the quality of CER Team interactions with members
Who are you?
- You have at least 3 years of experience leading and supporting a thriving team
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment with a diverse set of people
- A self-motivated strategic thinker -- If there is a problem you jump in, and tackle it
- Your communication skills are top notch. Your team and your customers all can count on you to deliver accurate, concise and thoughtful feedback and assistance.
- You are open-minded, flexible, positive, comfortable with ambiguity, and most importantly, compassionate
- You respond to challenges with patience, empathy, and tenacity
Other Desired Qualifications
- Prior healthcare or service experience is a plus but not required
- Bachelor's Degree and 3 years of relevant experience is preferred
Oscar is an equal opportunity employer. Should you be a fit for this role, one of our recruiters will contact you from a hioscar.com e-mail address. Oscar recruiters do not request your sensitive personal information by email.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
HR Project Manager
GitHub, San Francisco
People & Culture Partner
Reddit, San Francisco
Sr. Manager, Talent Acquisition, Technology
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
Corporate Recruiting and Sourcing Coordinator
Red Ventures, South Charlotte
Pinterest, Seattle, WA