We are changing how health insurance works. We want to create a healthcare experience that’s intuitive and puts people, not cost or workflows, first. We’re using a consumer-focused and tech-driven approach to do so. This positions uniquely - and creates one of the biggest opportunities in healthcare.
We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to deliver on our promise and seize this opportunity. We all work side by side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
The People team is the linchpin of Oscar’s values and culture--we bring, we build, we maintain, we strengthen. You will be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units and will accelerate the effectiveness of our super-talented team by owning and/or supporting the following areas: benefits administration, compensation, employee relations, policy design and implementation, compliance with federal and state requirements, People analytics and ad hoc special projects and initiatives. This Director will support some of our most critical businesses.
- Partner with the leaders in our New York office on business and HR issues
- Provide exemplary HR leadership and strategic guidance to the business, helping this business grow and scale
- Develop, recommend and implement personnel policies and procedures in partnership with VP of People, Legal, Compliance and Finance
- Administer components of Oscar’s compensation and benefit programs
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements as well as compliance with federal and state employment law regulations
- Manage and resolve employee relation matters in collaboration with the VP of People, including problem solving team, manager and individual challenges
- Support Oscar’s leadership by providing solution-oriented human resources advice and counsel as well as driving and implementing decisions
- Oversee talent management initiatives locally, including performance management and compensation processes
- Drive and contribute to People analytics with the goal of optimizing Oscar programs and culture
- Serve as one of the main points of contact for HR-related questions
- Provide support and assistance to other People functions, as needed
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of seven to ten years of human resource experience
- Strong familiarity with government compliance regulations
- Working knowledge of best practices and protocols
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to deliver results in a timely manner
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and work well under pressure
- Exceptional interpersonal, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Familiarity and interest in analytics and metrics
- Experience at a rapidly scaling organization
- A “no job too big or small” ownership attitude
Nice to Haves:
- HR certifications (i.e. SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP)
- Supported tech companies
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.