As an insurer, we have unique insight into the flow of information through the healthcare system. Oscar’s data team is responsible for ensuring that we leverage this unique informational advantage throughout our organization. From disease modeling to risk management to provider contracting to consumer transparency, we want to use data and analytics to change the way the healthcare system works.
- Be(come) an expert on healthcare - and apply that expertise to make the entire system better.
- Solve core business problems in systematic and data-driven ways.
- Build analytical systems to provide insight into and power all corners of our business, from financial risk and clinical operations to customer service and marketing.
- Work with other data team members, product managers and engineers to develop beautiful and data-driven tools to help our members understand and navigate the healthcare system.
- You are passionate about breaking down and understanding complex systems.
- You are a strong critical thinker who thrives working with both technical and non-technical people.
- You aren’t afraid of messy data, and excel at structuring and building analytical systems.
- You know how to get things done in a modern data science stack - you have strong SQL skills, experience with data wrangling and script writing (we primarily use Python/pandas) and an appreciation for beautiful data visualization (we’ve mostly been using D3, Seaborn and Looker).
- You see data science as a powerful tool to get things done rather than as an end in itself.
- You get excited about taking ownership of problems and solving them in a fast-paced and scrappy environment.
Most data scientists at Oscar have a strong analytical background from a top university, a few years of experience in industries such as finance or consulting, and/or an advanced degree in a quantitative field. That being said, we have no hard criteria in terms of prior experience - we are looking for the most talented and productive people we can find to join us and help change healthcare.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team ([email protected]) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit Oscar's website.
Jobs You May Like
Insight Data Science Fellows Program - New York
Insight Fellows Programs, Starting January 14, 2019 (Final Applications due October 22nd) - New York
Node.js Backend Software Engineer
Software Developer - Performance Platforms
Vigilant - a DRW Company, Montreal
Principal Business Systems Analyst, Oracle EBS
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)
Product Data Analyst, Grailed
Gray Scalable, New York, NY
(Senior) Data Scientist (m/f)