What is Oscar?
We are Oscar. We are changing how health insurance works. We brought together leaders from top technology, service and healthcare companies to work side by side. The result: better people, better ideas, and better healthcare.
Talent is the key to success. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: scale a top-notch organization with top-notch people - fast. To do so, we run a tight recruiting process. We are looking for an amazing Senior Director of Talent Acquisition to be responsible for the successful execution of our recruiting process, manage a growing team, deliver top notch talent and be up to date with the latest recruiting trends.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in building Oscar's talent pool and be a go-to excellent manager. The successful candidate is equally comfortable with strategy and execution and willing to ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ to get the job done. This person should feel comfortable in a fast pace ever changing environment.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
We recruit full-cycle, so we expect you to do everything in addition to managing a team. We partner with our Hiring Teams because that’s how a recruitment machine works. We work fast, hard and smart. We want to hear ideas that will make us better. And have fun of course.
- Manage a growing team, act as a resource and mentor to their needs.Hands-on recruiting. You know the principals of the machine and bring to the table the latest trends and are plugged into the recruitment community.
- You own candidate experience and actively coach your team to partner with Department Heads and Hiring Managers to create a superb client and candidate experience.
- Design, implement and maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems and training necessary to scale and support the function.
- Identify, integrate and manage all recruiting related vendors and tools
- Develop customized reports that track and communicate recruiting metrics, trends, variances, and spending
- Create, manage and have accountability for the recruiting budget
- Lead targeted executive searches as well as provide back-up sourcing and interview assistance to the recruiting team and hiring managers as needed
Experience recruiting both inhouse and agency-side, and/or in startups, tech, healthcare or insurance is a plus. Self-organization, focus, multi-tasking, and software savviness are the basics. Previous management experience is a must.
- 10+ years of recruiting experience in high growth companies.
- Strong recruiting DNA and experience managing (and building) a team.
- A desire to win and hire the best, you should work with a sense of urgency always cognizant of hitting hiring goals.
- Ability to drive efforts and projects through influence, relationships, and broad knowledge base.
- Analytical ability with experience and insights and reporting for executive audiences. Proven track record of achieving results in a matrixed, time sensitive environment.
- Strong project management skills: good follow-through on goals, plans, and projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the ability to present to small and large audiences.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work quickly and nimbly
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment while being a champion for change.
- You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and proactively provide suggestions for how to streamline and improve processes
- Above all else, you must be highly organized, detail oriented, and focused on getting things done.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
Talent & Editorial Services Associate
Contently, New York, NY
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA
Member Support-Technical Support (Hardware)
Peloton, New York, NY
Postmates, San Francisco
Palantir Technologies, Sydney, Australia
Corporate Sales Recruiter
Red Ventures, South Charlotte