Talent is the key to success. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal: scale a top-notch organization with top-notch people - fast. To do so, we run a tight recruiting process. We are looking for an amazing Senior Director of Talent Acquisition to be responsible for the successful execution of our recruiting process, manage a growing team, deliver top notch talent and be up to date with the latest recruiting trends.
The ideal candidate will play a critical role in building Oscar's talent pool and be a go-to excellent manager. The successful candidate is equally comfortable with strategy and execution and willing to ‘roll up his/her sleeves’ to get the job done. This person should feel comfortable in a fast pace ever changing environment.
Deliverables: What you have to achieve
We recruit full-cycle, so we expect you to do everything in addition to managing a team. We partner with our Hiring Teams because that’s how a recruitment machine works. We work fast, hard and smart. We want to hear ideas that will make us better. And have fun of course.
- Manage a growing team, act as a resource and mentor to their needs.Hands-on recruiting. You know the principals of the machine and bring to the table the latest trends and are plugged into the recruitment community.
- You own candidate experience and actively coach your team to partner with Department Heads and Hiring Managers to create a superb client and candidate experience.
- Design, implement and maintain the appropriate processes, tools, systems and training necessary to scale and support the function.
- Identify, integrate and manage all recruiting related vendors and tools
- Develop customized reports that track and communicate recruiting metrics, trends, variances, and spending
- Create, manage and have accountability for the recruiting budget
- Lead targeted executive searches as well as provide back-up sourcing and interview assistance to the recruiting team and hiring managers as needed
Experience recruiting both inhouse and agency-side, and/or in startups, tech, healthcare or insurance is a plus. Self-organization, focus, multi-tasking, and software savviness are the basics. Previous management experience is a must.
- 10+ years of recruiting experience in high growth companies.
- Strong recruiting DNA and experience managing (and building) a team.
- A desire to win and hire the best, you should work with a sense of urgency always cognizant of hitting hiring goals.
- Ability to drive efforts and projects through influence, relationships, and broad knowledge base.
- Analytical ability with experience and insights and reporting for executive audiences. Proven track record of achieving results in a matrixed, time sensitive environment.
- Strong project management skills: good follow-through on goals, plans, and projects
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the ability to present to small and large audiences.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, work quickly and nimbly
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment while being a champion for change.
- You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and proactively provide suggestions for how to streamline and improve processes
- Above all else, you must be highly organized, detail oriented, and focused on getting things done.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves and find both belonging and support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background and perspectives.
Founded in 2012, Oscar is probably the last thing you would expect from a technology startup – a seemingly old-fashioned healthcare insurance provider. The company provides clients with the kind of clarity and simplicity we have come to expect from an e-commerce site. And, of course, they're hiring.
Be a Better Oscar Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Oscar when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Oscar? Visit https://www.hioscar.com/
Jobs You May Like
International HR Manager (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Social Sciences Teacher - 2018-2019 School Year
Summit Public Schools, Washington State
Sales Recruiting Sourcer, East
Zuora, Boston, MA
Markforged, Watertown, MA
People Analytics & Projects
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA